IGNORED

GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo

2ManyZs

I think the 350Z is to the 240Z as the new T-Bird is to it's original counterpart. Except the new T-Bird was a flop. The good thing that the 350Z has done is renewed an interest in the original Z cars. When you talk with non Z owners and they bring up the new 350Z, the conversation quickly changes to the first generation Z cars............and that's a good thing:classic:

Vicky

I kind of agree with Vicky...

the new T-Bird is OK, but it's still just a CAR, and it's not "different" enough to stand out from other late models. If it was a LOT more like the original style T-Bird, it would be a big hit- like the Ford GT (it's $150,000!!??)

To me, it's the same thing with the 350Z. It's not as "unique" as the HS30 cars. More like just a new model with an old name.

LOL YEAH 150,000

thats a joke, the first one sold went for over 500,000

no doubt the 150,000 estimated price tag will be overshadoewd once they get into circulation. If you want to get one i would suggest pre-ordering, because thats the ONLY way your gonna get one for 150,000

Remember the first 350Z off the line went for over $90,000 via an auction for charity. Nice thing to do if you've got the scratch. $500,000 for a Ford............a new Ford! No way. The only Ford product I would pay out the azz for would be the 1969 Boss 429 or the GT500 like in the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds". For $500,000 I could have a base model Lambo LOLROFL

Vicky

• 2 weeks later...

come on you guys, dont blame the 350z y have a 240z 73 and a 300zx and i driven a 350z there a total difernte types of cars, 240z its a classica and maybe the 350z will be in 30 years and the 350z its a "Z" if it and a base trim of leather seats etc it would be a ZX i dosent even have power antenna radio!! but it gives the abpou the same performance of the 300zxTT naturally aspired... yea it is so difficult to make "do it wourselft" stuff but ame as the 300zx (90+) adn taht is a great car it is in that model taht was named "all time best selling sports car" (correct if i am wrong) having all the electric it still can be sports car, so the rx8, s2000, and probably all new sport cars arent going to be sprts car??? maybe when the 240z some people said "that is noa sports car it even has power antenna!" tech gagets cant be the same in a 30 year basis, so we need new skill we feel more love to the 240z because its a classica car that we have memories etc, and if i have a 350z and crash it to hell i buy another one but in 30 year it be really pissed of if i crashed my 350z (even more of a 240z), time passes so does sports cars the 240z was comfortable then the 350z is comfortable now both are 2 seater and the exterior of the 350z is more original IMO the 240z was based more on jag stuff (but at less price). all this is in my opinion guys

• 5 months later...

A fair few people say 'Old is Gold' I agree with that. I see today's cars that are built in a certain way look bigger than the older models. Take for instance Mitsubishi Colt, the old one is much smaller than the new one... The 1JZ Supra against the 2JZ, The Nissan Skylines where the R34 looks a lot more bulkier than R32 even though it packs good engine specs, etc. Toyota Corolla is also another good example where the Trueno and the Levins looked alike in the AE111 series..

Even though 350Z packs good engine specs and some upgraded designs, the whole thing looks darn bulky to me. Although it may have the looks but it just does not have that 'skinny and bare' looks. For example, compare 240Z and 350Z by the amount of metals they might have used. In the 240Z there's hardly any more metals to create the front bumper than what it appears on the 350Z. Granted that it may improve aerodynamic, but why don't they make it in some way so that it does not look huge?

For me, I like performance cars that does not pack too much in. and no.. I'm not an oldie or some of you may think.. and I don't like F1s that much. I like full bodied cars but I don't like the things they pack in. Although it maybe good for the market as the trend is concerned however, those extra weight being packed in is making the car much heavier. Then again it is possible to remove those.

To talk about a real sports car? that's one hell of a hard definition, everyone has their own and you have already discussed yours. For me, I see sports cars as old cars that have been modified not new cars. New car have good engine but that does not mean you can fit your own custom engine. To talk about uniqueness 350Z isn't that unique, its brand new.. the trend will die away within 30 years but the 240Z has already gone through that stage. Talk about the amount of people that actually still owns a 240Z over the 350Z.. A 240Z would probably be a little harder for some who don't know much about it and that is exactly where I say it as in 'uniqueness' whereas its easier to identify a 350Z on the road because its new..

IMO.

yea, i totally agree with you, civic were less heavy a decade ago than now, super cars now suck, i can't believe 5s in 0-60 on 90s on a 300TT and still 13 years after 5s. rx7 5s in 93 and now the rx8 is low 6s. they are always heavier with little more power so the stay they keep the same power/weight.

IMO