IGNORED

another claimed 69 240

St.stephen

Originally posted by sblake01

Sorry Mark. Did I miss that line or did he add it in his revision?

No problem. It does have a little "revised" note. I don't know if that statement was there in the original or not. Oh well, doesn't matter :classic: .

I thought it was interesting too to note that the car doesn't have a windshield. And is sitting out in the rain!

Originally posted by MikeW

I find it somewhat amusing that they say it's ready for paint. Clearly it has been primed. However, the pictures obviously show that it has just been rained on. That's about the worst thing you can do to it.

If you look behind the car you can see the blue tarp was must have been on the car.

Originally posted by mdbrandy

I thought it was interesting too to note that the car doesn't have a windshield. And is sitting out in the rain!

Yeah, in Washington state! If it doesn't sell soon I wonder how much that will change his claim of 'some rust on the floors by the drivers and passenger feet but not on the rest of the body?'

Originally posted by texasz

If you look behind the car you can see the blue tarp was must have been on the car.

Ah - I hadn't noticed that. At least it's protection from rain through the windshield. Don't know how much good it'd do to protect a primer'd surface over time, though. Probably get condensation under that non-breathing plastic anyway.

Originally posted by mdbrandy

Ah - I hadn't noticed that. At least it's protection from rain through the windshield. Don't know how much good it'd do to protect a primer'd surface over time, though. Probably get condensation under that non-breathing plastic anyway.

Very true!

One little note about Washington State. Yes Puyallup, WA is on the wet (western) side of the state, but those of us in Eastern Washington don't have moss growing between our toes. In fact, after the snow melts it gets downright hot. That's an interesting car, especially with the Turbo, but I'd be scared as it sounds like he didn't do any of the work himself. Gary

You're Welcome.

Will

"Thanks William , The year was listed wrong we think its a 72 . We found that date on the door jamb. The listing has been changed. The VIN# is on the listing.

Thanks again Jim"

P.S. For those of you getting older in age and bolder in rage, I have painted a florescent orange bullseye on my forehead!

Originally posted by HS30-H

Heavier, but probably not slower:

Ah!! You might be the man to ask concerning this mystery which I've never been able to find a realistic answer for. Do you know what that great big plastic/glass thing on the bonnet of most (all?) modern Japanese patrol cars is?? The best I can think of is some kind of spoiler to increase high-speed stability, but I dont know!

Hi Alfadog,

I believe its a bug deflector. You can see them on lots of cars in Japan - epecially big 4x4's.

It probably stuffs the aerodynamics, but the trade-off between air resistance and annoying bug squash must be considered worth it.

I remember when I was living in Japan and we'd go out racing at night. Quite often had to stop at the rest areas on the expressways to get the bug mess off the windscreen. The wash / wipe wouldn't clean it effectively and they just gummed up the wiper blades making it much worse.

Don't they have these deflectors in Australia? I've seen them in other sub-tropical countries, so I would have thought they'd be handy in the climate you have out there ( lucky sods! ).

Cheers,

Alan T.

Here we have Bug Off, stuff you put in your washer bottle that removes even the most stubborn bugs and goo, especially those sticky locusts. It is interesting what you say about car accessories though, we dont have those bug deflectors, we dont use sand ladders on 4x4's (which is stupid considernign the conditions) we just done seem to catch on to anything.

Cheers Chris