IGNORED

Very rare 240Z emblem

kats

Hi 2ManyZs,

It is wonderful that metal emblems were available from MSA.

Also in japan,some fairlady Z metal emblems were available from local Nissan a few years ago.

My friend in japan gave me a set of quater metal emblem "white Z" 3 years ago,they were needless for him because his Z is a fairlady-ZL.Emblems were NOS,I do not know why he got them ,just curious?

This photo shows crome Z emblem before cleaning.

kats

post-3193-14150793628963_thumb.jpg

I would like to tell you a interesting old story in japan.

My friend Dr.SUZUKI(he owns a fairlady-Z since late 1971,his car posted in gallery by Alan T.)told me that back in 1970's policemen were very strict about modified car.When they saw the modified car,they immediately stop the car,then proceed to the inspection.Not only flared fenders but also custom emblems were strictly prohibited.Engine modds were needless to say,neither solex carbs nor dual exaust tubes were allowed.

However, many young owners tried to make their car something special.

Once Dr.SUZUKI found tere is a export model S30,and it has DATSUN emblem which never seen in japan.He fallen in love the emblem,he called local nissan to buy the emblem.

But nissan dealer did not accept his request.Nissan said to him"you do not need them,right?your Z is right-hand drive!"

Nissan did not want to sell export parts to domestic owner.

Because they also knew policemen were very strict about modified car.

Dr.SUZUKI now have got replaced all emblems to DATSUN on his

fairlady-Z.

P.S. This photo shows the comparison of chrome Z and white Z.

Right;chrome Z, Left;white Z.The chrome Z is thicker than white Z.

Also you can see the difference in the depth of cavity.

kats

post-3193-14150793630294_thumb.jpg

ROFL That's a cute story. Amazing that the Japanese police were that strict! Not even different badges?!?! Wow...

I find it amusing that people like to change things just because they can. For example, in America and Australia we all like the "Fairlady Z" emblems because they're different, yet in Japan it is popular to have "Datsun" things!

I don't know, but the script part of the emblem looks exactly like the 240Z that was on the hatch on the US cars or is it just me?

I'm just wondering if it would be possible to somehow separate the script portion from the medallion and replace it with the script portion that attached to the hatch, minus the mounting studs....:ermm:

Couldn't even change badging? Yikes.... I'd hate to be in a hurry and get pulled over just because a badge didn't match.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Not wishing to steal your thunder, Kats - but I think the earliest type of B pillar emblem on the 432 is possibly the rarest of all the Z emblems.

It was round, and looks very similar to the later 'vent' type of B pillar emblem fitted to all the later models, BUT if you look at it closely its not actually a vent at all......

432 emblem currently listed in YahooJP see

432 - badge and also a FairladyZ badge