IGNORED

240 260 engine

zbert1

I need to work on my computer skills was not able to find mechanical section just looking at my options trying to build a solid but more powerful engine I thinking I need a ZX engine to rebuild for my 240 thanks for your help.

20161004_192728.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zbert1 said:

I need to work on my computer skills was not able to find mechanical section just looking at my options trying to build a solid but more powerful engine I thinking I need a ZX engine to rebuild for my 240 thanks for your help.

20161004_192728.jpg

Have you read this?  http://www.datsunzgarage.com/engine/

This is better,  http://datsunzgarage.com/

Edited by siteunseen

The FSM's are here - http://www.classiczcars.com/files/

A little difficult to figure out at first.  The links are on the right and sometimes you'll get a "no file here" message.  Plus if you click on "Resources" it takes you to the "Community" page for some reason.  You can only get there by hovering over Resources.  At least on my system.  Windows 7 with Chrome.

You'll want to download some of these even if you get a ZX engine.  Assuming you meant 280ZX and not 300ZX.  That would be the VG30 engine, a whole different game.

Edited by Zed Head
Can't tell right from left.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you building a turbo with that engine combo?

Not sure if there is just one kit that covers everything . You’ll wind up buying a timing kit and piston kit and gasket kit, etc....

Maybe one of the vendors sells a compete over haul kit

ZBERT

Some things to consider when building an engine

1. Displacement

2.Carburetted or fuel injected

3. L6 or some of the popular swaps

These are several important things I didn't comsider when I had mine rebuit in 1996. Many popular performance modificatioms I had no knowledge of. But after years of reading I have a clear picture of what I want for my next unit which I plan to build on my own. In 1996 I paid someone 3.6K  to assemble one for me. But now I have the knowledge and confidence, not to mention a wealth of fellow enthusiast ready to help and a clear vision of what I want. There are many mix and match combinations that you will be quite satisfied with but develope a vision of what you want first. A nice streetable but powerful engine seems to be the perfect compromise. A clear vision will actually save money because you won't have to go back and modify your modifications. Good luck, the job looks pretty cool to this point!