Tourniqet's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Tourniqet

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tourniqet

  1. Tourniqet commented on Gav240z's gallery image in Member Albums
  2. Thanks for all the info guys. Like I said I will relay this info to him and see if he can dig anything up. Like Montezuma is saying, don't get too excited because the parts are scarce. Also my friend is not a Z nut like us so he won't know all the specific places, but im hoping maybe he will come across one on his junkyard adventures.
  3. Tourniqet commented on Tourniqet's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  4. Ok I will relay these to him and see if he can find them. Thanks for the responses guys keep'um comin.
  5. I had a roomate from Japan over here in the states for 2 years. He recently went home after graduating college. He told me that he wanted to start importing parts from the JDM to the US. I told him I would try to help. At this point we are just trying to figure what kind of demand we are dealing with. If you want any parts from Japan please tell me. Most of this stuff would have to be able to be found in a junkyard so if you want a JDM G-nose kit, I doubt he will be able to find one, but still tell me:) . He would not be able to import whole engines as he is just getting use to imp/exp business. Some examples of things he might be able to imort, all JDM of course: fender style mirrors original steering wheels ECU's small pieces of trim/ bodywork etc. Please let me know what you guys are looking for! Thanks
  6. Tourniqet commented on Tourniqet's gallery image in Member Mugshots
  7. ya they are nice guys. I live right across from the restaurant that they use to have all their meetings at. I just saw all the Z's in the parking lot and stopped by. They are all nice guys. Lots of knowlege for somebody new to the Z scene...
  8. Awesome post! Those are the first dyno sheets I have seen on this forum!
  9. I have a 20 second clip of me revving my car a bit on my phone and let random gear heads i run into listen to it....
  10. oh, ok I just pulled the master cylinder to the side... I suppose it was a lot of stress but. I dont think it hurt anything...
  11. you need to bleed the brakes after doing this ???
  12. ya thanks a bunch greghost and bambikiller!
  13. So i guess I have the wrong special tools... My hammer, screwdriver, and vise were not special enough i guess... So you say you just have to flip flop it around untill the disk just kind of goes back into place? Or you take the rod out to look into it and then try to get it back?
  14. HAHA, sorry, Ill do that thanks!
  15. did you take that picture just for me !!!
  16. K just makin sure but the #1 piston is the one closest to the radiator right ? ( thats the one I use my timing gun on...) ok you guys are awesome thanks!
  17. how do you know its the compression stroke and not the exhaust stroke when the cylinder is coming up?
  18. I just put a new distributor on my car. I had some problems getting it running... I out the plug on the #1 cylinder, and waited for it to get to the top of the stroke and hooked everything up acordingly. I forgot that it could be at the top of the exhaust stroke, instead of the compression. So I took the head cover off and looked at the cam. I finally got it all hooked up, but now when I put my timing light on the #1 cylinder to time it ( one closest to radiator) I cant even find the little timing marks in the crank pulley... but the #2 (second from radiator)I can barely see the timing marks and it gets fairly "lopey" when I set it on them... My idle screws may be a little low though, so that might be why it sounds too "lopey". If I am setting the car by ear, just untill I figure this out, what do I want to listen for? I thought I would just turn it untill the idle was the highest and not "lopey", and still revved well. Thanks guys
  19. I can't find them on the MSA parts page... I only see the zx floorpans, and it says they will be adding shortly... Did you find something I did not?
  20. great Thanks for all the info guys, I had done a search and found a post about someone easily making new pans. I just wondered if this was common and or easy. It seems I will probably be going with the zedd findings ones. I saw some pans on ebay that were supposedly NOS and they looked rediculously plain and simple, only one bend... The seller said they were from MSA. This also sparked the question. thanks
  21. is that grey part going to remain grey??? I guess it just looks a little strange because the blue and green and red stripes have no gloss to them, so the pastel on polished look weirds me out. but if i imagine them all clossy it looks cool.
  22. Hi guys, I need new floor pans for my z and about 10 inches of frame rail where the rail stops on the end of the floor pan. I know the zed findings place has good stuff, but was wondering if anyone had just taken some sheetmetal and made them. I now have a lot of experience welding and all other types of metal work. I just wondered if anyone had done this. If so : what thickness sheetmetal? bend it/size it? and how much money saved? I know the kits at Zedfindings.com are like 250 or something + shipping:mad:. Also what would the structural benefits or losses be to this? Thanks
  23. heh, This post looks funny at first... All you see is the topic hose clamps, and see that it goes for 4 + pages... now thats dedication!
  24. when purging how would you get all the fluid out of the lines? I would think there would be fluid left over unless it was flushed somehow...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.