IGNORED

Starting your car

halz

The only thing that I can think of that pumping the pedal would do would be giving it some more air during cranking

which is what we don't want, right? The whole idea of the choke it to temporarilly enrich the mixture to allow cold starting.

1. Make sure roll-up garage door is closed.

2. Open driver's door

3. Reach in and wiggle shifter

4. Turn key to ON and listen for pump (still leaning in)

5. Turn key to IGN and car starts instantly and sits at 1200

6. Let run until needle rises slightly from COLD

7. Somewhere along in here, open garage door so I don't die (my garage points at my neighbor's house, and I like him and he pretends to like me)

What's this 'pumping gas' thing? Don't you do that at the station?

steve(EFI)77

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing that I can think of that pumping the pedal would do would be giving it some more air during cranking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

which is what we don't want, right? The whole idea of the choke it to temporarilly enrich the mixture to allow cold starting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More air will raise the compression.

- Jeff