IGNORED

Not original but looks like original for 240Z press photo

kats

Hi Kats,

Glad you liked the photo. I will send you a high resolution copy direct by e-mail. File size will be quite big, but it might be worth it.

Its interesting that they called it a "Fairlady Z Export Model" on the Nissan stand, but its already emblemed-up as a "Datsun" and "240Z". Is this evidence of Nissan's thinking at the time, or can it be explained away by the fact that they were showing the car in Tokyo and thought it easier to call the car a Fairlady Z "Export Model" just for the Japanese show?

I have some other angles - but all mono I'm afraid. Here are some:

post-2116-1415079302594_thumb.jpg

Alan et al:

I remember being on Okinawa in late '69 and the Nissan dealer there already had literature on the HLS30 240Z's. Remember that the Ryukyus were American administered at that time and as such the traffic patterns dictated left hand drive, so the cars sold by Nissan at the time were mostly US models, since a large portion of the sales were to American Military. I believe it was that early sighting, along with the three roadsters I owned that brought me to love of the early Z.

I am really enjoying seeing all these pictures!

Alan,

Would you happen to have any photos of the nissan displays at the 1969 Geneva Motor Show? My father saw the Z there for the first time while he was traveling and I think he would enjoy seeing some photos.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to say that I have no photos of any Z cars at Geneva shows.

Are you sure that your father saw one at the '69 Geneva show, and not the '70 or '71 event?

If there was one displayed in those years then I'd love to see it too. Its spec would probably be a combination of the RHD and LHD 'Export' specs, judging by the French and Dutch market models that I have seen.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Alan T.

Hi,26th-Z

That tire is exactly what I want.I posted before on another thread

and I have been asking is there anybody can sell this 1970 original 175sr14 for me.

I want to have 5 of them,But currently no one offer me.

It is too diffcut to get but I am ready for paying more than expected.

Thank you 26th-Z,nice photos.This is the first time I see clearly

original 1970 175sr14.Great photos.

kats