IGNORED

Toyota 4 piston caliper brake upgrade

ZmeFly

this is for use with the stock rotor, complete remanufactured sets of calipers, brakes and pin and spring kit are included.

the price for the set is 150.00

for member of the Classic Z Car Club

if you have 500 posts 140.00

if you have 1000 posts 130.00

this is an incentive to help the community and get a good deal.

shipping is by carrier of your choice and paid by the buyer

Well I have 440 some odd posts, almost 500...and that's since I registered in only Jan. of this year!

I am interested! But had a couple questions.

Are these the Toyota 4Runner S12 calipars?

Will they fit behind 14" wheels?

Do I need to change the master cylinder or proportioning valve?

If so do you have these also?

it is mad to work with your existing rotor. one my 71 240Z i had the same wheels as you have one your car now.

there were no clearance issues at all.

you dont necessarilly have to go to the larger mc but it would be adviseable as your are going to be pushing a lot more fluid with these calipers.

some have said that you need a proportioning valve. i did not use one with mine and all was well. i did upgrade the mc though.

one thing i can say is that you will have to change your braking habits, as they will put you threw the front windsheild if your not careful LOL

i was just braking as normal and using a little to much pressure, boy them 4 piston calipers really do stop you quick, to me it was like having power brakes on the Z.:cheeky:

ive been checking into the other 4 piston brake upgrade as a kit to sell.

the only thing is that i cant sell that as cheap as i can this set. i would be able to get the complete reman calipers, loaded, and rotors, you would have to buy the spacers unless i can find enough people to buy them where it would be feasible.

i could probably sell this set for around 250-275, thats without the spacers though.

no core charges at all that is the price.

the discount is just an incentive 2many. it might help to get people on here and working toward a better understanding of theyre car and they may want to work toward that goal for a discount.

the onlyl extra charges would be shipping!

and if only a handful of us are above 1k posts then we must be spending to much time here as well:ermm:

Zmefly, as I understand it this is a direct bolt on upgrade. No modifications or other parts are needed. Is this correct? I am just trying to confirm this before I spend money since you mentioned spacers and the fact that "it is mad to work with your eixsting rotor". Can you please clarify this?

Oh! Also, do you have the master cylinder available? If not I'm sure I can find one but if you have the right one in good shape that wold be cool.

They are made to work because they are made by the same company as the Z brake calipers were. So they will just bolt on from the litreture I've read, I forget why you need the spacers though.

I'd be interested if this was in Australia and I nearly have 1000 posts :).

However after my headgasket issue I don't have any money or Z :).

I've also been put off this conversion because of unsprung weight. How much more do these weigh over the stock ones?

However the more I drive my Z daily the more I realise the brakes are not very good.

By MC do you mean Master Cylinder if so what larger MC can you use? Is there antoher model datsun with a bigger one than the Z is it physically bigger or just better at pumping the fluid?

Ok so now I'm aware of two types of caliper, S12 and S12W.

The S12W sounds good and I'd need vented rotors from an 84 300zx do they come on any other 300zx(Z31) ?

Is it hard to get a hold of parts to rebuild these calipers?

Do you go through toyota as I'd like to rebuild anything I'll be placing on my Z.

Only problem is I don't know what model the S12W comes on in the Australian market.

:classic: