IGNORED

Early 240Z Rearview Mirror - Is this correct?

koreavet

• 2 weeks later...

Anatomy of a red dot-be forewarned, if you are squeemish or easily sickened by the boobs thread, do not open the attatched pictures...they are as explicit as you will probably ever see-of a red dot mirror from an early 240Z...

No, I didn't brake the glass out, I am hoping to replace it, and I will write a technical article if I am successful-I think the most difficult part is behind me!

I didn't picture the other pieces, they were out of focus. I'll add them later.

Will

PS, Thanks Mark!!!

post-4106-14150798647934_thumb.jpg

post-4106-14150798648168_thumb.jpg

Anatomy of a red dot-be forewarned, if you are squeemish or easily sickened by the boobs thread, do not open the attatched pictures...they are as explicit as you will probably ever see-of a red dot mirror from an early 240Z...

No, I didn't brake the glass out, I am hoping to replace it, and I will write a technical article if I am successful-I think the most difficult part is behind me!

I didn't picture the other pieces, they were out of focus. I'll add them later.

Will

PS, Thanks Mark!!!

Oh yeah! There we go! Display those red dots! :love:

• 3 weeks later...

More info on the Mirrors.

From my parts book, (1972, 81- -2), it looks like three different mirrors were specified for different drive train versions, my book shows no applied dates, but

96321-E4100 "ASSY-INSIDE BACK MIRROR",for Automatic cars

96321-E4600 "ASSY-INSIDE BACK MIRROR" for Manual which was superseded by 96321-E4601.

WIll

• 2 weeks later...

One Restored red dot mirror.

A Mirror restoration technical article is well in the works, just being fleshed out, and checked for repeatability.

Will

PS, any tips on photographing a mirror would be greatly appreciated! Out of 30 shots these were the best...sad I know, but if the mirror restoration was at the expense of the photography...

post-4106-14150798896557_thumb.jpg

post-4106-14150798896817_thumb.jpg

I forgot to mention:

Restoration time 2 Hours(over a couple of days-with about two weeks between)

Restoration Cost $ 24 Not counting cost of the original mirror.

The details are all in the technical article. I am getting some help from Enrique in making sure it is clear and complete, and that the results are reproduceable. A couple more back and forths and it will be ready-it should be posted sometime Monday

Will