IGNORED

Tell Me Yours I Want To Know

sjcurtis

This is getting good. Thanks to Zedrally, Thanks to That Ozzy Guy,

To Gav240Z,

dont make to much of it. what I was talking about is the plate the government attched for rego in AUS the adr compliance plate. I will try to attach one to show you. maybe you never had one. could be a private import.

To That Ozzy Guy,

Any chance of the L24 serial from the data plate in the new Zed.

Have you done a dyno run yet.

To ZedRally,

Got the info, and I will put the extra page in for GRS 30 and capture what I can. Is there any compliance plate month/ year data same as Gav240Z for your fine steeds.

Thanks again all

Steve

:classic: :classic:

post-3005-14150792845117_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by sjcurtis

To That Ozzy Guy,

Any chance of the L24 serial from the data plate in the new Zed.

Have you done a dyno run yet.

L24 167080

Haven't done a dyno run yet. Been sorting out some teething problems. After I adjust the tappets I'll see what she gets.

Hi Steve

Details on my car:

1970 model year, manufactured about 6/70 (best estimate)

HS30 - 000306

L24 - 25670 Original engine (Will need to confirm engine number as car is at a workshop some distance away undergoing full restration)

Colour 905 Red

Rest of the car is original except wheels

Regards

Lee

Thanks to That Ozzy Guy,

I have put the engine number in. Ah those teething problems, they will dissapeer,good luck.

Thanks to LEE240ZPERTH,

I have put it all in, including undergoing full rest information. Good luck, can't wait for the pictures.

Thanks again to all who have come forward with the info

Any export RHD Zed to 78/79.

Please spread the word, join in if you are still waiting.

Cheers

Steve:classic:

NickF,

Thanks I have put the info in on both the body and the engine, in the register as a 71, second month compliance and a late 1970 manufacture. In this catigory I have logged in four Zeds with 70 manufacture and 71 delivery, for thirteen total against 1971.

Cheers

Steve :classic:

Hi Steve,

I don't think any of my cars qualify::cry:

The 240ZG is Japanese domestic market only.

The PS30-SB replica is based on a Japanese domestic market only Fairlady Z-L ( S30 Vin prefix ).

My old UK-market 71 240Z technically does not exist any more. I have cut it up and the identity only still exists on paper and the VIN tag and bulkhead VIN stamping which I have cut off it......

I think I know some people here in the UK who tried to make a list of all the UK-market HS30 cars that they could a few years back. It was connected to the UK Z Club, but I think the information ended up with the Classic Z Register when they split from the ranks of the Z Club. Anyway, I think that the information still exists. I'm off travelling from tomorrow but I can look into this for you when I get back. I'll be away a couple of weeks.

When I was in a Lancia club here in the UK ( many years ago ) the club tried to do something similar for the UK-delivered Fulvia models. They actually found that some owners were very sensitive about giving out details of VIN and engine numbers. The UK vehicle registration system is really very susceptible to fraud, and there are a LOT of Frankenstein cars over here ( changed / faked identity ). This might make some UK owners a little reluctant to provide full details, but hopefully most would not worry and would be forthcoming with the numbers.

One other thing that might trip up the dating of the UK-delivered cars is the fact that they never really went through a "compliance" system like the Australian market cars did. In most cases, the first real dating evidence is the date that the car received its first UK vehicle registration number. Sometimes cars hung around in dealerships waiting for a later year of registration number - which can make them look 'younger' and hence up the value slightly. The change over data was always in August, so dealers receiving a new car in late June might even wait a month or more to register the car in August and get the latest year suffix on the number. Am I explaining this properly? I hope you can understand. Basically, it gives a slightly rubbery texture to the relationship between the date of actual manufacture and the date of registration. Its also a hell of a long trip from Yokohama to Southampton by boat ( used to be anything up to five or six weeks in some cases ) which might confuse things slightly!

A friend of mine has the VIN tag and bulkhead stamping of HS30-00013 hanging on his workshop wall. He cut them off a car he found "in the desert" in Australia. I presume we should class this car as no longer eligible for the list?:classic:

All the best,

Alan T.

I have no idea where the "desert" is, or what exactly he meant. Maybe this was the Outback?............. Anyway, I don't think the car was on its own. This must have been a scrapyard / junkyard of some sort. Bear in mind this is 10 years ago at least, too.

When I saw the VIN tag and the chunk cut out of the firewall sheetmetal hanging on his workshop wall, my eyes nearly popped out of my head. I even had thoughts about going to look for the remains of the car. I reckoned if I could find it I'd have a good case for getting the missing VIN tag and firewall stamping back off him................LOL

Mind you, this was a good few years ago now - and he did say that the rest of the car was "buggered beyond repair".

I'm keeping my beady eye on them. Maybe I'll 'inherit' them from him one day...........:beard:

Alan T.

Buggered beyond repair 10 years ago could mean something different today :).

As long as the shell is intact and not smashed up then in my opinion it's not beyond repair :).

Finding some of the parts for it could be a nightmare but anyone taking on this kind of thing would know it's a long term thing anyway.

Hi Alan,

mammoth task, I am focusing on the Export HS30, but I believe for a better picture inclusion of RS30 and GRS30 Export models is also appropriate. Hopefully people will come forward with the information. To the PS30-SB replica sorry, I will put its detail in for reference information to support time lines separately. As for the HS30 all Tags in hand I can enter these in red indicating condition of, and enter all the detail to the columns to giving us a more substantial picture of the production. To that Iow vin tag would love to add it in under the in red condition, is the production L24 serial number achievable.

To any club information from the registers YES PLEASE I will willingly input all of this type of information. I will observe the consideration of no ownership or suburb garaging detail. If you need email address for any information I will supply as required. Also for any private non club friends and associates who are willing I will also put there information in. Thanks for the help there and good luck.

To the FULVIA I now the model well, My father used a 69 2 door 1300 5 speed dark green paint tan interior as a company car( LANCIA production plant manager SA) in the early 70s. Did about 12 hrs Jo'burg to Cape Town winter of 1971( great run).

With the dating aspect I will have good cross reference to the AUS fleet to provide trend and I will key up any sale / delivery in the prod date area of the page against UK delivery. hopefully we will get some replies from Hong Kong Singapore and maybe South Africa to give more information.

Cheers

Steve:classic: