Help... lost the stop bolt to the accelerator pedal - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Help... lost the stop bolt to the accelerator pedal

Featured Replies

I took this car's interior apart a few years ago, and am putting it all back together this summer. I seem to be short the adjustable limiter bolt that screws into the bracket on the firewall, behind the gas pedal. My 1970 Z has lots of unusual hardware, so it's possible the PO just put some normal bolt in there. <cough> also possible I just misplaced it in the garage somewhere and it will show up 10 years from now.

Is the one shown in this eBay auction correct?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/277475197979

I have searched the usual Datsun retailers, and haven't found one selling this or anything labeled similarly to this. Anyone know of a good replacement source?

Found this online:
https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/engine-240z-260z/accelerator-choke-throttle

6

BOLT-HEX

 

18017-E4100

L24

1

BOLT-SPECIAL(M6X1.0)

 

18017-E4100

L24

7112

1

BOLT-SPECIAL(M8X1.25

 

18017-E8701

L24,L26

7201

1

7

NUT-HEX

 

08911-10610

L24

7307

1

 

08911-10810

L26

7308

1

Reach out to Junkyard Jenny.

15 hours ago, Warty said:

Is the one shown in this eBay auction correct?

I do not believe that one in the auction is correct for an early car. My (limited) experience indicates that the original did not have a phillps feature in the center. I suspect that one on ebay was originally used in the hood bumper location, not the gas pedal stop.

That said, it struck me as very Un-Japanese to use different parts in those two applications, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that somewhere along the way they standardized on the same part in all three spots. But I believe on early cars the two hood bumpers had the Phillips feature, while the gas pedal stop did not.

gas pedal stop.JPG

gas pedal stopa.JPG

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Mine has the phillips head, and came from a 73, I have another from a 71 also with the phillips. Neither had any rubber on it at this point.

New info.... I checked my 1/70 car and found the piece to be different.

The early one had no phillips head and is 6mm thread.

The later ones did have the phillips and are 8mm thread.

Also.... I checked the hood stopper on a 73, and it had the phillips but has a different thread again. a fine thread in between the 6 and 8 It has a rubber stopper and a thread cover on the bottom. It took a 7/16 (11mm) wrench to remove, and of course broke while turning. This is a heavy rust area.

IMG_9785.jpg

IMG_9786.jpg

IMG_9787.jpg

IMG_9788.jpg

IMG_9789.jpg

Oops. Got distracted. But, in review, somehow Warty has a different part number in his table for the first style. Not sure where that table came from.

Here's a clip of the partsmanual page. Different part number for the early style that he probably wants.

image.png

The part number for the first style, of the three, comes back as just a Nissan bolt when searched. Seems to be available.

https://wholesale.autometro.lv/catalog/08110-63510/?__cf_chl_f_tk=z0cpQ.B0.X_.TBiOwGUQOn4vw0anSLJ9Z5vw0088viI-1782870619-1.0.1.1-EQDgDX1yGQ26g0Qn2HCzgMH4oYsE05f2CjNkuE52ATE

image.png

  • Author
On 6/30/2026 at 8:58 PM, Zed Head said:

Oops. Got distracted. But, in review, somehow Warty has a different part number in his table for the first style. Not sure where that table came from.

Here's a clip of the partsmanual page. Different part number for the early style that he probably wants.

image.png

The part number for the first style, of the three, comes back as just a Nissan bolt when searched. Seems to be available.

https://wholesale.autometro.lv/catalog/08110-63510/?__cf_chl_f_tk=z0cpQ.B0.X_.TBiOwGUQOn4vw0anSLJ9Z5vw0088viI-1782870619-1.0.1.1-EQDgDX1yGQ26g0Qn2HCzgMH4oYsE05f2CjNkuE52ATE

image.png

I wasn't able to find this exact part number anywhere online. Similarly numbered, but totally different. Nissan lists it as discontinued FWIW.

Screenshot 2026-07-03 at 11.48.07 AM.png

  • Author

Thanks everyone for info so far. I wanted to post this photo, from Junkyard Jenn, who was nice enough to snap this in her car #1286. Provides a data point on the style used to that point.

stop_bolt_s30_1286_s.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.