This is TDC, right? - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

This is TDC, right?

Featured Replies

  • Author

So, Patcon, in this crank configuration my cam lobes aren't exactly doing upright "bunny ears" for me but I can see daylight between both lobes and the valve lash pads so I'm confident that the valves are as closed as they can be,

20260507_165253[1].jpg

20260507_165446[1].jpg

Edited by Seppi72

My OCD had me measure the thickness of the rocker pads with feeler gauges between those two lobes. When they were equal it was dead on TDC.

Edited by siteunseen

  • Author

I'm happy (?) that this was motivating enough to get you up and moving😁

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
21 hours ago, Seppi72 said:

I'm happy (?) that this was motivating enough to get you up and moving😁

21 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

What he said!!

If this was meant for me, I'm flattered, if not I'm a jackass.

My surgery put growing older right smack in my face. The gray hair and crumbling teeth fillings I could work with but not being able to walk to my mailbox and weedeating was a sign from hell. I made it to 54 and fell to peices overnight. Messed my head up!

Now taking it in stride I don't even have to try to be nice. I've gotten past trying to prove anything.

Looking forward to share what I haven't forgotten about these wonderful cars.

Well my assumption was that the comment I responded to was meant for you. I was happy that you were up and moving about!

Hope to see you again sometime, and in the meantime, share away!!!

I have our friend @Zed Head to thank for getting back in line. We spoke a few times through messaging and the last time I told him I had lost interest and he replied "well it was fun while it lasted". That hit me pretty good so I did a quick read of the past 24 hours and saw @Seppi72 asking about his distributor spindle position...I got so excited I peed a little trying to get him the pictures and info before it was too late. That's all it took.

image.png

Edited by siteunseen

Decrepitude is inevitable! What can you do. Ride it out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.