IGNORED

A few parts I haven't found a home for

grannyknot

The two at the top right are the hood corner stops that get a rubber cover, install behind the rear hood seal. The bracket at the bottom right is for the flow guide valve under the ballast resistor. The two in the middle right might be for the wiper arm.

Edited by jfa.series1
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

The two at the top right are the hood corner stops that get a rubber cover, install behind the rear hood seal.

I thought so too but those corner stops have a Philips head on them, these are flat with a very fine thread.

The bracket at the bottom right is for the flow guide valve under the ballast resistor.

Right you are, thanks.

The two in the middle right might be for the wiper arm.

These two nuts are M8 so too small.

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2445.JPG

I believe those two disk parts are limit stops for the carb nozzle adjustment knob. Thread a nut onto them first and then thread that pair into the underside of the round tops after the nozzle has been installed? Prevents the accidental complete unscrewing of the adjustment knob.

I think I have pics around here somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I believe those two disk parts are limit stops for the carb nozzle adjustment knob. Thread a nut onto them first and then thread that pair into the underside of the round tops after the nozzle has been installed? Prevents the accidental complete unscrewing of the adjustment knob.

I think I have pics around here somewhere.

Yes, now I remember, I must have removed them before I started taking the establishing photos, thank you.

The large washer looks like a generic electrical box knockout reducer bushing. Any chance you got some home electrical parts mixed in?

The other washer with the four holes in it... It's so unique it should be an easy ID, but I'm not getting it.

And except for the fact there are no captive washers on those bolts, they could go anywhere. The fact that they don't have any captive washers (lock or flat) makes them a little unusual. I don't think they are for carb bowl drains. Head is too thick, and I don't think you're working on that year anyway.

The washer with the holes in it came off the outer steering tie rod. It goes over the threaded bolt to restrict the amount of grease that goes into the dust cap. The Stubby bolt fits in place of the grease nipple once the fitting has been lubricated.

• Agree 1

On 11/3/2023 at 10:01 PM, grannyknot said:

Yes, now I remember, I must have removed them before I started taking the establishing photos, thank you.

I think it's quite likely that I left them off when I was adjusting the carbs a couple of years ago. They might have been in the bag with the remaining parts of the carb refurb kit.