IGNORED

baja suspension off road

z8987

I'm thinking about building an off road z.  I know it's been done a lot, but I haven't found much build information, and I'm not sure where to start.  It seem to me like the suspension is the right place.  When I say off road, it will mostly be gravel and dirt.  Just for fun, not racing.  I've got the car and I want to do something different.  I don't want to do anything that can't be reversed, like cutting suspension and welding in a new one.  Any ideas?  

To be honest you haven’t given any information on what you are working with to start. These cars are a unibody design without a separate frame where it can be beefed up. Can you describe what you have at this point to work with along with pics. Thanks friend 

To be honest you haven’t given any information on what you are working with to start. These cars are a unibody design without a separate frame where it can be beefed up. Can you describe what you have at this point to work with along with pics. Thanks friend 

1970 240z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1970 240z

15 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

I would never do that to a 1970's car.. these early ones have/are made of, very thin steel and will bend like a banana....   Get yourself a later 280z chassis at least!

I won't off road it much.  It's a fun project.  I like the series 1.  

These cars were driven pretty hard through the rally years. Even wrecked; rolled back over and run some more! I suspect a properly developed suspension and some minor chassis work would make the car fair just fine. Provided it's not abused. If you take this route, start a build thread. I would like to follow along.

These cars were driven pretty hard through the rally years. Even wrecked; rolled back over and run some more! I suspect a properly developed suspension and some minor chassis work would make the car fair just fine. Provided it's not abused. If you take this route, start a build thread. I would like to follow along.

The last thing I’m going to do is destroy a 1970 z. I won’t do anything to the car that can’t be backed out. It will be a little better every time I touch it, well maybe not, but it will be preserved.

• Like 2

The last thing I’m going to do is destroy a 1970 z. I won’t do anything to the car that can’t be backed out. It will be a little better every time I touch it, well maybe not, but it will be preserved.

Maybe I’ll start with this. What would be a good all terrain tire, wheels and size. All terrain because it won’t be all off road. Mostly a daily driver