IGNORED

Brakes rubbing after remounting wheels

Silver-240Z

1 hour ago, Silver-240Z said:

Hey guys, I just had BC Racing coilovers installed on my 240Z last week with great success. Two days ago I decided to bring the front down a bit and now it rubs when I hit the brakes. Any ideas as to what I did wrong?

You lowered the car too much. Does it rub when you turn? Or turn and going over bumps? Stop, turn the wheels full left and get out and look what’s close to what.

Did you re-install the backing plates with the coil overs? The plate will flex if not installed correctly. The fundamental install is the same. Did you  have the coilovers installed/welded at a shop? 

I fixed a truck this morning that had grinding when the brake was depressed....

Some of the bolts that hold the rotor to the hub had backed out, had to tap the treads, then used blue lock-tite on them... interestingly there are no snap washers on them, same on the other side...

If you are rubbing while turning, or when you are over bumps, then raise the car... but like others have said, give it another look...