IGNORED

Koito H4 Headlight Housings

SteveJ

A while back I found that there was an H4 headlight kit for the Toyota Land Cruiser that used Koito H4 housings. This got my attention since Koito supplied many bulbs to Nissan, including sealed beam headlights. The website I found with the best price said they were sold out, so I put myself on the waiting list.

Earlier this week I saw a post on Facebook where someone said he bought this kit from Toyota for his Z cars and supplied a part number. Using that part number, I searched dealerships online that said they had the part. One of the dealerships is on the other side of town, so I pulled the trigger and ordered a set. The kit arrived today. It has a nice relay harness that I won't need. I am just after the H4 housings. I'll put H4 LED bulbs in them and install them in the 260Z.

If you're interested in a set of Koito H4 housings, the Toyota part number for the kit is 81110-60P70.

image.png

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

Steve J; have a look at this website and tell me if these are the same thing you found.

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

I think these are the same bulbs?  Stern sells the wiring kit as well.  How much was the Toyota kit?

CW-

They look to be the same housings, and the Toyota kit was...

$63.80 with tax and shipping, so it's just a little less than what Mr. Stern is asking (if you think $100+ is a little less).

And as I mentioned before, the relay kit is included with the Toyota part number, but it would have to be worked on some to work with the Z.

15 hours ago, SteveJ said:

If you're interested in a set of Koito H4 housings, the Toyota part number for the kit is 81110-60P70.

When i looked for a new set for my 280zx, i bought me a set for a nissan patrol.. (the '80's type)  they were exact the same type and model.

13 hours ago, SteveJ said:

It's relatively flat. That's not unusual for H4 housings.

Overhere the headlights are not that flat on a 240z, much more round..  and never seald beam. also they have a parking light of 5 Watt in there..  And a 280zx housing does not have a parking light in it.. only a H4 bulb with high and low beam.

I've had H4 headlights in previous cars and they are really nice so I was thinking of a set for 26th, especially Koito lights.  I just looked them up and Toyota says they are no longer available.  I see a seller in Kentucky that I'm going to order from.  Yes, they are going to require some custom wiring but it looks like the kit gives you most everything you need.

12 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

I've had H4 headlights in previous cars and they are really nice so I was thinking of a set for 26th, especially Koito lights.  I just looked them up and Toyota says they are no longer available.  I see a seller in Kentucky that I'm going to order from.  Yes, they are going to require some custom wiring but it looks like the kit gives you most everything you need.

Search many dealers. Some say NLA, and others say they have them.

Here's a Google search on it: https://www.google.com/search?q=toyota+81110-60P70&oq=toy&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i59j46i131i199i433i465i512j69i65j69i60j69i65l2.4904j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Here's one dealer that says they have them: https://parts.toyotasouth.com/oem-parts/toyota-headlamp-assembly-8111060p70