IGNORED

Shift knob question

FresnoZ

20 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

So I went to ebay and didn't see any stock knobs. Now that you've bought it (and someone can't snipe it away from you) what was the item number so I can have a look at it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384958211380?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=FEZEcIoRS-i&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=S6SO9eKGT7K&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

My thoughts on the knob you bought from ebay...

It sure looks like a stock knob to me. What was throwing me was the shift map doesn't look green like it's supposed to. Must be a trick of the light. Looks pretty much black in the pics, but it's probably green and just taken with weird lighting.

Other thought is that most of the stock knobs are stripped out in the bottom where the mounting threads are, and I suspect the one you bought is just like that... Threads all gone inside. Not an insurmountable issue, but something to watch for.

At $40, a good buy. You'll have to probably fix the threads, but that's not unusual. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Captain Obvious said:

My thoughts on the knob you bought from ebay...

It sure looks like a stock knob to me. What was throwing me was the shift map doesn't look green like it's supposed to. Must be a trick of the light. Looks pretty much black in the pics, but it's probably green and just taken with weird lighting.

Other thought is that most of the stock knobs are stripped out in the bottom where the mounting threads are, and I suspect the one you bought is just like that... Threads all gone inside. Not an insurmountable issue, but something to watch for.

At $40, a good buy. You'll have to probably fix the threads, but that's not unusual. 

You are probably correct on that. Couldn’t get much info from the seller, hopefully it’s not terrible haha but for $40 couldn’t pass it up

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I bought a 4-speed shift knob off ebay, and the threads weren't right. I ended up reaming out the hole and using a threaded insert.