IGNORED

1st start with rebuilt turbo

Dave WM

Just a note from the stock turbo side....my 1983 ZXT has essentially no turbo boost until about 3K RPM.  It's actually a bit of a dog when revs are low.  The lag is always present if you're under 3K RPM.  Once you hit that engine speed, the boost kicks in and pegs the boost meter if you keep your foot down, and you definitely feel the difference.

I wouldn't worry much about lack of boost under 3K RPM, at least if you're using a stock 280ZX turbo for comparison.  

Edited by Pilgrim

no better after restart, it would run  for a few seconds then die, there is a alt compesation circuit on some, but not mine. Looks like a little bellows under the dash. I ahve toyed with the idea of trying to hook something up, assuming all the ECU's have the ability to use it.

going to lay out all the stuff I have and give it a good clean up then start taking inventory, eventually build a new stand for it. 

22 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

These forests are Bigfoot country. Yeah, they're real.

Not sure what you mean by "roll down my jets" but I raised my jets (leaned it out) when I got near 7,000' with my SUs.

Yup, my dyslexia was showing - got that backwards. Good thing I don't have SU's!

I left carbs behind in 1981 and you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming to go back to them... Or EMP me I guess...

• Like 1