IGNORED

Parts Wanted: Looking for a interior light lens for a 1975 Datsun 280Z ?

Killain

4 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Is the 240/260 lens the same as the 280 lens? thats my question.. if yes i might have one.. but can't promise but i think i've seen a lose one in my "pile" 😉  and they are overhere not so crusty hihi...  (due to climate.)

That would be wonderful.

Thank you,

2 hours ago, Killain said:

$25.00 plus shipping, it must be made of some pretty pricy plastics ?

I recall seeing them on ebay for like $60+ a couple months back. I don't think Nissan (or Niles Electronics company) produces any of these parts anymore. $25 is "expensive" but they are probably made as small batches now.

🤷‍♂️

The one in my car crumbled when I pressed on the wrong area.  Unless a used one came from a garaged car I don't see why it would be any more durable, they all get baked from the roof heat.  That $25 replica seems like a good bet.  It's an odd color though.

1 hour ago, heyitsrama said:

I recall seeing them on ebay for like $60+ a couple months back. I don't think Nissan (or Niles Electronics company) produces any of these parts anymore. $25 is "expensive" but they are probably made as small batches now.

🤷‍♂️

Well, it states that mail service between Australia and New Zealand has been closed, so It doesn't seem like a situation workable right now at any price ?

10 hours ago, Killain said:

$25.00 plus shipping, it must be made of some pretty pricy plastics ?

They are hand made, one at a time. The color does seem off but Steve is very obsessive about making accurate reproductions. I feel confident the color is correct. He would be my first choice if you can figure out shipping.

Hay I found a new one from a company called Klearz info@klearz.com for a white lens, but it looks like the whole lamp assembly has to come out of the car to replace the lens, can someone clarify this operation for me ?

Thank you,