IGNORED

Best car ad-ever: 300zx

Johnz1971

19 hours ago, Johnz1971 said:

I was on another forum (firearms centric), and someone posted this commercial that i had never seen before.  General consensus was that it was one of the best car ad's ever.

Yeah, that was an instant classic when it came out - the Eugene Levy Thrill Driver one is good, too.

20 hours ago, Johnz1971 said:

and someone posted this commercial that i had never seen before. 

Before i opened this ad.. i betted with myself it was the one with the puppets and the wife from the dollhouse, yes!!  It's rarely seen..

I like to ad..

In the 90's when this car was a few years old i sat in a '90 car in 1994 and it was half price... at 80000 guilders it was made from unubtanium.. as you guys say. 

It was the most expensive japanese car you could buy overhere. (The Netherlands.)

Then in 1997 i bought one! it was a non turbo From the USA.. it had about 100kmiles on it but drove perfect.. after 6 years i sold it and in 2007 bought the real thing.. a 300zxtt from 1992!

It was the one with everything on it.. first driven by a ceo of nissan and later it was a directors car of a nissan dealer.. then 10 years in a collection and then it became mine..

Now after 15 years of ownership and 27000 km's i can say this: 

I will never have a more perfect car then this.. what you say? the costs?? I can tell you that besides the fuel and insurance..

IT DID NOT COST ME MORE THEN €2500 THESE LAST 15 !!! YEARS!! 

=================================================

(This includes new battery's, set of tires, brakepads and oil chances and MOT's! and a new type2 ptu (something every 300zxtt got for free in the early days from nissan.. i bought one for €25,- 😉 

The even better thing is... when i want to sell it now.. i probably get a few times the amount i paid for it as i see the price skyrocketing.. (Finally lucky for once haha..pfff...) 

The shiny object... (still after 30 years working clim.control and NO extra fillings needed! unbelievable.. secret? i let it run EVERY month for at least 20-25 minuts.. thats very important! It's very good for the valvetrain AND the aircon stays FIT!!)

of01_0004281468.jpg

• Like 2

Yes.. about the over engineering... haha.. i think that the '90's Nissans were the best nissan ever made! These days i think they only make crap hahaha... (In comparison..) just like the rest!  It does not matter what you buy, everything looks like it's made to brake down.. not only cars.. What?? you say? your phone is 8 years old??? that's a antique!!  come let's buy a new one!! :cry:

(Btw.. my phone IS 8 years old and on it's 2nd battery...pfff.. Still working fine, as long i avade all updates!! ROFL.)  (Pfff.. means sigh)

• Haha 1