IGNORED

I finally get to see the new Z

SteveJ

So they had the red and the grey Zs at Caffeine and Octane this morning. It was great to see them in person and sit in them. The wife wasn't thrilled with the seats, but I thought they should be a great incentive to me to lose some more weight. I found the ergonomics of the driver's position to be excellent. If you have a 370Z, you won't be surprised by much of anything on the interior. That's not a bad thing to me.

I think the cars look very nice in person. I don't have a problem with the large mouth on the car, but I wouldn't mind if they put a vestigial bumper on it to break it up. My thought is that we can expect to see that on a refresh in the future.

The Nissan people there want feedback. I was telling one of the product planning guys the color I was hoping to see for a Z. He hinted that if I'm patient, I will be rewarded. That's perfect because I'm not in a rush to join the current new car buying frenzy.

If you want a gasoline powered Z, this may be the last model you can buy.

20220403_084111.jpg20220403_084144.jpg20220403_080407.jpg20220403_080350.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DatsunZGuy said:

I still like the classic original formula over the new stuff 😉

My family had a 68 Mustang when I was growing up, so I always had a special place in my heart for Mustangs, despite what idiots were doing at car shows. Back in 2011 when I wanted a new daily driver, I got the new Mustang with the 3.7L V6. It's a pretty good car, but it's no 68 Mustang. I appreciate it for what it is and for the honor it shows to the original. The new Z will never be like the old Z, but I like how it pays respect to the heritage. I also plan on judging it for what it is and not what cars once were. I think it could be a great modern driver in that respect.

I'll also still enjoy driving the originals whenever I can.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2