IGNORED

TV Show - Engine Masters

I recently started watching a TV show called "Engine Masters" and I really enjoy it.

Granted... Most of their work and findings are primarily applicable to WOT drag racing kinda stuff, but I really like when they get into theory and concepts. I also like the friendly banter back and forth between the three guys on the show. Could easily be me and two buddies.

I've got the DVR set up to pick it up. If you've got time to relax and want something "light", I recommend it.  :beer:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Yeah, I really like the theory stuff. Pretty much none of it applies to "normally" driven cars, but it's great anyway. The cam timing one I think might be the most applicable to the way most of us drive our cars.

I watched the slant-six power last night and really enjoyed it. I was alone watching TV and honestly laughed out loud at least three times!    LOL

• Agree 1

The slant six is a great episode! I watched it when I got my Z as it’s was the closest thing to our engines 😅

Compression ratio is an obvious result but a great episode. 

Cam duration and overlap is an interesting episode too. I also liked the velocity stack one. Funny how a mix match of sizes gave the smoothest curve but I never see anyone using that! 

I find Steve Brule simply amazing. I mean the other two guys are no slouches either, but Brule is phenomenal.

So about that slant six episode... They popped the head gasket due to the high cylinder pressures* and Dulcich said it was his fault because he put it in dry with no sealer on it. Have you heard him talk about what sealer he WOULD use (if he were using one?) Did he mention that in another episode that you've seen?

*running ten pounds of supercharger boost on a 1967 slant six!  LOL!!!

• Haha 1

I went back and watched the slant-six thing again where Dulcich was talking about the head gasket.

"I actually agonized over the head gasket. There's only four fasteners per cylinder and they are puny 7/16 bolts, so not very good clamping.

I was gonna use a little secret sauce on it. And do a little this and that on it. 

And then, you know, it was late at night. And it says 'USE NO SEALER' right on the gasket. So I'm just gonna slap it on there."

What I want to know is...  What is his secret sauce, and can I have some more details about what is involved with "this and that".  LOL

• Haha 1