IGNORED

Wanted: Nikki 271070 Fuel Pump

VaCat33

1 hour ago, 26th-Z said:

Add a dab of white paint over the center screw on the cap.

Ha! This is sitting in a box.

2 hours ago, VaCat33 said:

Duffy

that is awesome looking. Mine is almost reassembled, but does not look as nice. Looks like you zinc plated some of the parts and screws. Is that the original finish or did you paint?

Jim

Yes, I have been sending parts off to zinc for years. Cheap and easy.  The finish is vapor blasted. 

A couple more quick questions about the Nikki 271070 Fuel Pump.

What type screws secured the body halves and cover? I have seen two versions…standard Phillips head and a slotted screw with a cross slot similar to a Phillips but definitely different. (Sorry I do not know the name of this type screw head.)

I have also seen two different type covers. One is plain other than the Nikki brand name. The other has two small rectangular raised areas. 

Are there different versions of the Nikki 271070 pump that might account for these differences.

I have attached a couple photos showing the differences.

Thanks

Jim

8E53C377-9F3F-4B7F-98FF-92CF9A0010E0.jpeg

263DCD24-AE60-4359-AE7E-F6DB46AA2FB5.jpeg

I'd guess that the bottom one has JIS screws, which require a JIS driver to avoid ruining the head.  Top one may have been disassembled at some point in its history, the PO used a Phillips screwdriver, trashed the heads, and replaced them with Phillips screws.  All just guesses on my part - possible someone else on the forum has more definitive information.

26th…

I read that article before making my post. Was able to confirm the likelihood that my 2/72 Z was equipped with a NIkki. The article mentions some differences in the screws and cover but does not really give any definitive guidance.

most of the Nikki pumps I have seen have the screws the same as the second (bottom) photo in my original post. While many I have seen have the two raised rectangular areas.

Hoping somebody can provide some definitive answer.

Thanks

Jim

On 1/23/2022 at 2:54 PM, VaCat33 said:

Just had my Nikki fuel pump Media blasted. It looks much better, perhaps a bit dull. I will take the advice in the previous post and use some Gibbs oil based sealer. Thank You all for your help.

Jim

62E98157-EAE9-4228-9CE5-5BF063DD838E.jpeg

Jim, curious about that battery terminal.  Looks like a British one that I would like to find a source.  Where'd you get that?  🤔

Ha!  Never mind, I figured it out!

Edited by sfm6s524

1 hour ago, sfm6s524 said:

Jim, curious about that battery terminal.  Looks like a British one that I would like to find a source.  Where'd you get that?  🤔

Ha!  Never mind, I figured it out!

I had those on my boat. Heavy duty crimp on battery terminals. They have some that have screw down instead of crimp.

• bpilati locked and unlocked this topic