IGNORED

Wanted: Nikki 271070 Fuel Pump

VaCat33

Hello 

i am looking to buy a Nikki fuel pump for my 1972 240z. Part No 271070 (as seen on pump housing.) See photo. Just about any condition is acceptable.

My rebuild, as discussed in my previous post, was going great. Prior to final assembly I decided to give it a good degreasing. The degreasing bath I used was much to harsh and destroyed the finish. So back to the drawing board. Now instead of the nice aluminum finish, the housing is a dull dark grey…a costly mistake.

Thanks.

Jim

8AD5FC59-C031-4AD1-BE2B-7549680E8F84.jpeg

A34BAD11-1B8B-487F-9FE3-F447842BCDA2.jpeg

7 hours ago, VaCat33 said:

That is good scoop. I do not have ready access to a blaster…how about a Tumbler? Will that work? The VHT paint is a good fall back…in stock at my local Autozone.

Thanks

Jim

I'd stay away from tumblers because aggressive media can round off screw threads and sharp edges of the component.

I really like my ultrasonic cleaner.  The one I purchased is large enough to easily clean the body of an SU carburetor and make quick work of years of grease and crud build-up.  I'll make a solution of 1 part Simple Green to 4 parts water and put it in a clear plastic zipper loc bag, along with my parts.  Next I'll put it in the cleaner and fill the of the tank with plain water.  It also works great to keep jewelry nice and shiny. 

It has paid for itself is time saved in labor. 

image.png

• Like 1

I own, and use, both a soda blaster and a larger version of the ultrasonic cleaner pictured above (both inexpensive Harbor Freight products), on Z aluminum castings (carb bodies and fuel pumps). Both work well, but one thing I learned is there are two versions of Simple Green, one green and one purple (both available at Home Depot). The green one will etch/dull the castings, with soda blasting the best way to counteract the effects. The purple Simple Green product says right on the container it will not etch aluminum, and I've found it works quite well when diluted 5 parts water to 1 part Simple Green/Purple.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Getting ready to reassemble my original Nikki fuel pump using the rebuild kit I acquired. The rocker arm assembly needs to be lubricated and when I first disassembled it there appeared to be some lubricating oil present in the lower body of the pump. Does anybody know what type oil is used…regular motor oil, gear oil…???

The service manual does not say anything about this, although the Haynes manual says to grease the rocker arm assembly.

Thoughts? Comments? Definitive guidance?

Thanks

Jim

• bpilati locked and unlocked this topic