IGNORED

Windshield Wiper Assembly

z3beemer

I have removed the windshield wiper assembly from my 73 Z project.   I noticed there are felt washers between the linkage arms.  Anyone have any idea where you can buy something to use to replace these?  I thought about using neoprene washers but thought they may not allow the arms to move smoothly enough.  Any thought or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I've used Super Start Battery Terminal Protectors from O'Reilly's Auto Parts. Part #:01396

They come in a package of 2 that have a couple of different size felt washers pre-cut in each. Just separate them to find the right size for your linkage posts.

Grease them with some white lithium grease.

Or--this from Walmart:

NOCO Battery Terminal Protector, MC303ST

Edited by Zup
additional info added

On 12/17/2021 at 12:01 AM, z3beemer said:

I have removed the windshield wiper assembly from my 73 Z project.   I noticed there are felt washers between the linkage arms.  Anyone have any idea where you can buy something to use to replace these?  I thought about using neoprene washers but thought they may not allow the arms to move smoothly enough.  Any thought or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You can buy industrial felt in different densities, widths, and thicknesses.  The material is quite good.  I've used it for several different projects - the latest to replace oil wipers for machine ways.

https://www.mcmaster.com/felt/

• 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

I have been buying a bunch of stuff from McMaster Carr lately.  Their metric nut and bolt inventory is very good.

Don't ignore Bel-Metric. They actually have JIS sized M8 nuts and bolts.

• Like 1