IGNORED

Butthurt Emissions delete....

dar5052

My post is in reference to people being butthurt when the the discussion of removing emissions controls comes up in discussion. 

I guess things said across forums can be misinterpreted given the nature of electronic communication. If I have misinterpreted, then my apologies. However, As of now, I have only gotten two responses that are of benefit on this forum. The rest are of criticism, for unknown reason? 

45 minutes ago, dar5052 said:

My post is in reference to people being butthurt when the the discussion of removing emissions controls comes up in discussion. 

I wrote a whole long thing then realized that I don't know who you're talking about.  Several of us went back through your posts, seen above, and can't find the complaints.  Who are the "butthurt" people that you're talking about (of course realizing that "butthurt" is a term meant to insult people and cause a reaction)?  Somebody here?

Edit - nonproductive...

But(t), best of all, if you just let this thread die and started posting things that people can add to, everybody (almost) would forget about this thread.

p.s. many of my comments have attempts at humor included.  Like bad jokes at a party.

Edited by Zed Head

@Zed Head Thank you for being a valuable resource on this forum.

my general response was to no one in particular just an observation that when one speaks of egr/emissions delete, the community goes crazy about why not to do it versus giving feedback on how to do it. That was all I was trying to point out... I can easily provide examples on this in the forum but I'm sure I don't have to because you already know, given you use the search function. maybe I am using it wrong, in which case please enlighten me. 

Haha, this thread is great!  Considering you, the OP seems to be the only one "butthurt"!

...but seriously OP, aside from the butthurt jokes, I am interested in learning what to remove and what not.  I see the guys with newer diesel trucks deleting something that makes their truck stupid loud and blow tons of black smoke out of their exhaust at every stoplight. I don't want to be 'that' guy.

30 years ago as a teenager, I bought my 240z and promptly removed the smog pump and installed webber carbs.  I kept all the removed parts and I am now reverting back to stock.  I'm wondering if i should put that old pump back on?