IGNORED

Best Place for Aftermarket Chrome 240z Bumpers?

Muzez

Hi Guys!

Getting ready to start fitting my Z with 240z bumpers, but having some issues with supply for Chrome reproduction 240z bumpers. Not sure if the delay is pandemic related, or if the producers have gone out of business but it is pretty impossible to find aftermarket bumpers ATM. 

Two questions

• Are there any providers who have better fit than others? (or providers to avoid) 
  • Are there any providers not on the list below that you would recommend? 

Current Stock Situation: 

• MSA - Out of stock, no ETA
  • Datsun Garage - Out of Stock, 12/21 ETA but has been pushed back since July
  • Whitehead - Out of stock, SS only 
  • Furtofab - Out of Stock, no ETA
  • Z Car Depot - Fronts available, no rears

Preference is for chrome because I have heard the SS stuff scratches and is hard to polish but open to your advice here. 

Edited by Muzez

• Muzez changed the title to Best Place for Aftermarket Chrome 240z Bumpers?

23 minutes ago, Muzez said:

@jfa.series1 did you have to do any adjustments to get them to fit? Or right out of the box? And have you had any of the issues with scratching that other users mentioned? 

The center piece was a perfect fit to the OE bumper mounts, also a perfect match to the curve of the rear valance. That was a significant problem I previously had with the Taiwan-sourced bumpers sold by MSA and Futofab (I tried both) - the arc of the center piece was too shallow to fit the valance.  On the Vietnam unit, the welded-on mounting tabs on the end pieces required a bit of adjusting to line up with the bolts that go thru the fenders and tuck in to the fender grooves. Luckily no scratches or other issues but then my car is more garage queen than driver. 😉

• Thanks 1

My only thing with vietnamese from futofab was the rear sides under the turn signals were they were right on the cars paint. I bought some rubber squares I think from Lowes in the specialty draws they have. Worked out just fine. Oh yeah, the stainless bolts weren't included so I bought those at Lowe's as well and polished them up with my bench grinder. Look good too.

Screenshot_20211025-180233_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1