IGNORED

air cleaner housing connections

Wally

Bad bleeders bud.  Bummer. 

New MC maybe?  Yours seems oddly shaped.  Where did it come from?  Looks it might even have ports, or the bosses for ports, on the other side.  Are they drilled and tapped?  Maybe just swap them.

image.png

13 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Any chance you have a motor mount problem?  

I like to browse around the BAT site to compare to other cars.  They take a lot of pictures.  I took a few looks and it does seem like they have more room than you do.  Here's a 71.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-240z-187/

https://bringatrailer.com/datsun/240z/?q=240z

image.png

So i have owned (a long time ago) a 72 and 73 240z. I never had this kind of issue with them. I was thinking a motor mount issue could be the problem too but i cant see any issue.... Here are the left and right...not sure

if you can tell anything from the images though?

Maybe i should put my big floor jack underneath and lift up the engine and one at a time try to loosen and "reset" each mount?

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

13 hours ago, CanTechZ said:

My 7/70 looks to have similar clearance to the shock tower as yours but my Brake M/C has the bleeders on the opposite side. Here are a couple of captures from a video I did of my car before I took it apart for the resto I currently working on.

Video Capture 01.JPG

Video Capture 02.JPG

I be danged! So i am looking closer at my M.C. that came with the car. Image is on other side near fender wall. Looks like you can switch screws and bleed valves to opposite sides? Doesnt it? this would 100% fix my issue.

Looking at images of other MC my doesnt look right. The fluid holding compartment, the rear is usually a straight tube. If i cant switch valves around i will buy a new MC and see.

IMG_2639.jpg

Edited by Wally
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Make sure you can bleed the brakes before you say that. LOL 

dang. you just burst my bubble. Yeah.... i put some fluid in the resevoirs and turned that bleed valve on the brake MC and nothing came out. I am thinking it should?

i understand why and how to bleed and the brake lines but  I am not sure why you bleed the valve from the MC?

4 minutes ago, Wally said:

i understand why and how to bleed and the brake lines but  I am not sure why you bleed the valve from the MC?

Same reason, you can have air in the master cylinder that gets 'stuck' in there rather than passing into the lines and ultimately to the corners of the car.  I ran into this with in replaced all my brake components a few months back.  After bleeding the master cylinder I was able to get enough pressure to then bleed the corners and all was good.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Wally said:

dang. you just burst my bubble. Yeah.... i put some fluid in the resevoirs and turned that bleed valve on the brake MC and nothing came out. I am thinking it should?

You should be able to push fluid through the bleeder screws at the MC. It's just like pushing brake fluid through the calipers and wheel cylinders.