IGNORED

Restoration profit

Richard McDonel

• 3 months later...

Back in 1984 a friend and I went out on the town in my 1972 Z. I dropped him at his place in the wee hours of the morning. Later that morning his wife called me to ask me if I could look in the car for his lost wallet. In my hungover state I had a cursory poke around, but reported that it certainly wasn't there. A few months later I was installing some carpet on the passenger side, and there between the seat and the transmission tunnel was the wallet. It took me a while to get up the nerve to return it, knowing that everything in it (except the small amount of cash that it contained following our bibulous adventure) had already been replaced ...

• Haha 1

In 1970, I shipped my Pontiac Gran Prix from San Francisco to Manila.  A few days after it arrived, I was driving and dropped something that rolled under the seat.  When I got home, I reached under the seat to get it and grabbed something covered in fur.  Scared the snot out of me.

Poked a stick under the seat and dislodged a toy squirrel that had been tucked up into the seat springs apparently by someone during the voyage across the Pacific to the Philippines.  I was the original owner of the car, so I knew it wasn't there before loading on the ship.

41 minutes ago, psdenno said:

In 1970, I shipped my Pontiac Gran Prix from San Francisco to Manila.  A few days after it arrived, I was driving and dropped something that rolled under the seat.  When I got home, I reached under the seat to get it and grabbed something covered in fur.  Scared the snot out of me.

Poked a stick under the seat and dislodged a toy squirrel that had been tucked up into the seat springs apparently by someone during the voyage across the Pacific to the Philippines.  I was the original owner of the car, so I knew it wasn't there before loading on the ship.

How long did it take you to clean the seats after feeling something furry there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, psdenno said:

In 1970, I shipped my Pontiac Gran Prix

16 hours ago, psdenno said:

I reached under the seat to get it and grabbed something covered in fur.

Today it would be a transmitter disguised as a toy that car thiefs use to locate a nice (expensive!) car!  They precisely know where your car is and.. when parked in a not very guarded spot..  it gets stolen..

( Does it show that my work was security service engineer? 😁 )

On 12/9/2021 at 6:32 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Today it would be a transmitter disguised as a toy that car thiefs use to locate a nice (expensive!) car!  They precisely know where your car is and.. when parked in a not very guarded spot..  it gets stolen..

( Does it show that my work was security service engineer? 😁 )

I've heard valets using Tile trackers they put in high end cars when they park them then copy the key and find it with the Tile tracker. That was years ago at Atlanta's airport. Also put Tiles in luggage packed with cocaine and the unloaders pulled those suitcases before they went inside to the carousel. Baggage handlers that were millionaires. LOL

• Wow 1