IGNORED

Putting in a replacement L-28

Av8ferg

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

I do think it's well said that it would be smart to put unused ECUs into a ziplock bag with a dessicant enclosed. (Here in COlorado at 10% humidity in midwinter I'm not sure I'd worry about the dessicant. ) 

Down here with all our humidity I keep a couple of stereos in my gun safe that has a dehumidifier built in. It's fire and water proof so the dehumidifier is kinda redundant I always thought.

I bought a gun safe dehumidifier from walmart that I use in my 240. Doesn't work very well though. It's filled with silica that turns green when it's moist. Plug it in and overnight it heats up changing back to orange.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 3:33 PM, Av8ferg said:

Jim, so I had been communicating with Ivan at Vintage Dashes for some time. What put me off was the need for a full payment and then 3-6 month wait . I just felt it was ripe for a bad outcome. I don’t like paying up front for long wait back order items, or services to be rendered in the future. I’ve been burned before. I sent Ivan a message again two weeks ago and he said he has 2 “blem” 280z dashes. Sent me videos and pic and the minor blem was under the metal finisher. Honestly I can’t ever tell it’s there. I paid $1100 and paid for shipping using my company discount.
I think the dash looks a great BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you get in touch with Vintage Dashes?  I can’t get a response to my e-mail .

Thanks!  Won’t need it for quite a while, but probably good to get it going.  I have a rust free 78 Z that’s missing a lot of parts and another that’s a total rust bucket, but complete.  Making two into one will keep me occupied for a long time.