IGNORED

New Vendor to me

grannyknot

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

I was looking for wiper blades for the 510 this morning and stumbled upon these guys, http://datnissparts.com/

Kind of embarrassed to say I have never heard of them, they cover most of the Datsun line up and there prices are competitive, anyone ever ordered from them?

Thanks for posting, I had not heard of them either. Any idea where they are based, I noticed that they don't ship outside of the US. Not really a big deal for me as I'm close to the border, unless it doesn't reopen soon.

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

anyone ever ordered from them?

Yes. Riley at Lynchburg Nissan is/was a great source when you can get a reply.

Some time back things started going south in communications with him/them. No idea what is going on, but haven't been able to place an order and get any response for quite some time (over a year) now.

What a shame---good prices and many items that could not be found anywhere else. Hope it changes for the better.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Keep me posted on your experience with these guys.  I'd love to list them in our links area but I won't if they don't follow up.

My experience was really good until the last year as I described above.

Was able to get a genuine Datsun rebuilt starter for myself and passed the source on to motorman7 for the restoration he was doing on Bob Russell's 73 240z.

That said, I am not optimistic about the situation getting better. I know good friends of Riley that told me they have tried to get in touch with him with no success. They are at a complete loss as to what has happened.

• Like 1

He does have this posted on the home page,

ATTENTION: CUSTOMERS AND FRIENDS
IF YOU HAVE SUBMITTED AN INQUIRY OR AN ORDER AND I HAVE NOT REPLIED,
PLEASE RE-SUBMIT AND I WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO WORK YOU IN WITH THE CURRENT FLOW.
PLEASE NOTE- THE SHOPPING CART IS TURNED OFF DUE TO PROBLEMS WITH THE SHIPPING CALCULATOR.
FOR INQUIRIES & ORDERS, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL WITH YOUR ADDRESS AND THE ITEMS YOU NEED, AND WE WILL REPLY WITH THE DELIVERED PRICE.
 SORRY, WE CANNOT TAKE ANY PHONE CALLS.
PLEASE ONLY USE EMAIL FOR COMMS.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS, YOUR PATIENCE, AND YOUR UNDERSTANDING!

• Sad 1

As I understand it, he is swamped with apparently upgraded responsibilities at the Nissan and other dealerships and has had to step away from his love of supporting the Datsun community. I last bought parts from him over 2 years ago, then tried to buy lash pads, and basically never heard back. I believe he’s quite distraught at the situation but is unable to do much about it. Seems like it was a pet project and he is not willing or able to assign someone else to take it on. Best we just assume it doesn’t exist for the time being.

Since he hasn’t taken the site down, let’s take that as hope for the future. He helped many many people and has an excellent reputation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased from that site (him) several times.  My most recent order was in December.  No delays in communication whatsoever.  I bought a coil, two Hella H4 bulbs, no longer available nos oem door strikers some grease caps and some NGK plugs.

B2433-U3110 coil $60 (ended up buying a blem unit for less)
80570-21000 rh door latch striker on body $16
80571-21000 lh door latch striker on body $16
99996-70476 Hella h4 kit $60
40234-S0400 set of 2 front wheel bear dust grease cap $14.30
(6) of NGK BP6ES $2 each

Garrett

• Like 1

As it turned out Riley got back to me on the next business day but by then I had ordered from somewhere else so it seems he is very much still in business but just busy.  I will certainly be ordering from him next time I need something. Below is Riley's response to me.

Sorry Riley, I read some comments on the forums about how difficult it was to get a hold of you that I moved on and ordered from somewhere else.
Next time for sure, your inventory is impressive and prices are reasonable.
Thanks,
Chris

parts@lynchburgnissan.com

Jul 12, 2021, 8:50 AM (11 days ago)

to me
cleardot.gif

Sorry about that! Please do give me a shot next time

Many people do not know or understand that the Vintage operation is a small part of a very locally busy Nissan dealership, so I am forced to give priority to the local business traffic

Other than a couple of people that I am still having delays with, my response time via email is pretty quick

I was also very active in a bunch of Facebook groups, but it started taking up so much of my free time- nights, weekends, holidays, etc, that I had to go on hiatus. I havent shut down the account, so people have kept messaging me there and not getting an answer

Looking forward to fulfilling your Datsun needs in the future

• Like 2