IGNORED

Engine leans out over 2400 rpm

Cruzzar

Or.... My next thought is that maybe there's something wrong with your AFM.  Hahaha!!!

9 hours ago, Cruzzar said:

It is not the first time I have ilnstalled a rebuilt item and it didn't work correctly.

Yeah. me either. Glad you got it working. And all the other work you did will only help moving forward. So were the numbers on the rebuilt AFM correct? Was it the "right" AFM for the year and all?

I did make sure the wire ring was clean and made a good ground after I installed it. Do you think there is one wire or are more than one that transmits the varied resistances to the ECU based on the vane position? I did try to clean the female connector but I can't say I did a good job. Does anyone have a good way to cleans in between the metal connectors? I gave up on trying to clean up the injector connections and just replaced them. They were covered with green calk-like corrosion.

11 hours ago, Cruzzar said:

I did try to clean the female connector but I can't say I did a good job. Does anyone have a good way to cleans in between the metal connectors? I gave up on trying to clean up the injector connections and just replaced them. They were covered with green calk-like corrosion.

Deoxit works well on corroded connections.