IGNORED

Best Head

Wally

http://xenonzcar.com/s30/heads.html

https://datsunzgarage.us/heads/

Read the "p79 mods" page on datsunzgarage. That's pretty much the best, money wise and performance. Shave it pretty good and shims plus earlier valves. A lot of guys on here run that head modded that way.

You can do all of that to get in the 10s on compression or just put flat tops in your block. 

• Like 1

Well, looks like @Wally wins thread of the day, eh? Remember, never ask a wood nymph for a little head.

Anyway.

Like Cliff says, check out the P79, it has potential.

But an E31 . . . . . . . 

. . . . . . the E31 that has been on 3 engines I built for my race car from 1989 to now.

It breathes very well. Dave at FloTechnics ported it for me, larger valves, cc'd the chambers, and had the head, intake and exhaust on his flowbench. 

BEAA16AD-3BDD-4E36-BA7E-5DED6B5FB1D1.jpeg

Edited by Racer X

15 minutes ago, Racer X said:

It breathes very well. Dave at FloTechnics ported it for me, larger valves, cc'd the chambers, and had the head, intake and exhaust on his flowbench. 

I couldn't find him with Google. Do you have a link or better contact info?

@Racer X would you have any pics of the chambers after the porting? I have one I started grinding on after bigger valves were done but I got skeered I's gonna ruin a nice head. 

I'll get it out tomorrow maybe, it's cold down here. Damn near 40F out there now. Brrrrr...

Take some photos of what I've done and what I need to do

Sorry for the hijack @Wally but at least I didn't make any fellatio jokes. It was HARD. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Patcon said:

I couldn't find him with Google. Do you have a link or better contact info?

Dave Endrigo, Poulsbo, WA.

The Flow Technics business has evolved, first to Flo Cat, then to EPD Corp. It looks like he is involved in engine development, but I haven’t talked with him in over 20 years.

He has a Facebook profile, but I’m not on Facebook, so can’t contact him.

I do need to reconnect with him, as I read recently that his younger brother, whom I went to high school with, has passed away.

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, siteunseen said:

@Racer X would you have any pics of the chambers after the porting? I have one I started grinding on after bigger valves were done but I got skeered I's gonna ruin a nice head. 

I'll get it out tomorrow maybe, it's cold down here. Damn near 40F out there now. Brrrrr...

Take some photos of what I've done and what I need to do

Sorry for the hijack @Wally but at least I didn't make any fellatio jokes. It was HARD. LOL

When I get some time I’ll try to snag a shot or two. The head has been sitting on the workbench for a few years, waiting for another bottom end to sit on top of.