IGNORED

Just saying hello

mailnome

You take it with a smile but this car needs a lot.. all depends on what's under the fenders.. 

Could be a little and could be gone completly bad..

efa4d49aeac3a24be7850d2a4e648373.jpg

On the pic of the front of the rear wheels i see some glassfibre repair... A BIG ALARM just went off!!

I know what you are going thrue..

In 1991 i bought a 240z ... original Dutch (Read: complete pile of rust!!) ...  After i removed the flooring i took all the good parts off of the car and called the local wrecker to pic up the car... it went with a good roof.. damn... the rest was junk..

Today i still drive a 240z with euro (Dutch) drivetrain! 😉 

I'm curious what's under the fenders please remove them and make some pics and place them here!

Edited by dutchzcarguy

Pulled the fenders to take a look and dug at the corner of the foot wells yesterday evening. Moisture is from spraying down with penetrant.

Behind that right fender

2eac79d23ddb0dbc93752a3b302f3e33.jpg

Then the footwell under

f456c021c47c6def8a9a2b503ac16a62.jpg

Drivers side

9a8f67cef4f37fbfef07d202b1761617.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah.. seems to be repairable!!  I've seen cars that had fiberglass repairs and came out to be unrepairable..

Think you can restore the damage because its not to much!  👍

I'm curious how the corner just in front of the left rear wheel comes out when you take the glassfiber out there..

I don't know if there is someone that made these beam's ( see pic.) can you make them yourself by hand?  Still a lot of work.. i would look for a better chassis.  

Also.. take a look at the inner side of the corners of the chassis where you normally lift the car.. there should be a inner steel plate between the inside and outside part. Lots of 280zx's have bad corners and can't be lifted there (lifting points.)  

ebbe89bf5cbaa0298c024d085c7c518c.jpg

Edited by dutchzcarguy

Yes, one of the few pieces you can get for the ZX is frame rails and floor pans but I will most likely recreate them.

Will have to dig in to the area under the doglegs. The floor there is in post #45, third and fourth pics

• 1 month later...

That wiring seems to be in pretty good shape. My PO put Dynamat over every bit of wiring on the rear deck, including the harness and cover access for the fuel pump.  When removing the Dynamat to repair rust, I had to tear up all that wiring and re wire it.  I wish I could meet that guy.  I bought the car from his ex wife. 

Dutch, do you happen to have any good pics of the underside of your car while it was being redone?

I saw a few in your thread, but wasn’t sure if you had others that you didn’t post.

I know the 2+2 will be slightly different but I know your car was in good shape. I did grab a lot of pics from BAT and other sites but nice primered parts show good contrast. Most posted online don’t have pics of the underside, they are covered in undercoating, or are beat up too.