IGNORED

carparts.com New parts site - disappointing

Zed Head

I may be one of the few that remembers good products from JCW. A loooong time ago I bought a complete wire harness and fuse block for a 1939 Chevrolet Pick-up. All wires, wire lengths and connectors were perfect. Just remembered, there was also a six-volt wiper motor that replaced the old vacuum mechanism.

Yeah, the JC Whitney catalog was like the Sears catalog was to the previous generation. Then came the internet for the car parts. Then came Harbor Freight for the cheap tools. Then came Amazon for everything else.

The last order I place with JC Whitney was in 2014 and it was for KYB strut inserts for my 280Z. They had the best price I could find at the time. That order was on-line, but I remember the days of actually picking up the phone and calling them.

I have fond memories of them as well. I didn't even have a VW, but I used to enjoy looking through all the pages and pages of bug parts anyway!