IGNORED

Zx 5 speed rebuild

Patcon

19 hours ago, Patcon said:

Here is the old bushing. Original, I believe... No holes

20210620_141141.jpg20210620_141143.jpg20210620_141145.jpg20210620_141149.jpg

thats completely different from the one that came out of mine, besides the two holes, it was a single piece, with not joints, that one seems to have the same joint as the short ones sold in the rebuild kits.

1 hour ago, Dave WM said:

thats completely different from the one that came out of mine, besides the two holes, it was a single piece, with not joints, that one seems to have the same joint as the short ones sold in the rebuild kits.

My old bushing was just like yours Charles @Patcon with the same locking tabs. I have seen this style in the 71B. Can't find my old one anymore. I checked the spare 71C I have and it is hard to see with the main shaft in place, but it looks like it's slotted (2 holes) like Dave WM described.

I know the originals had no holes, but later the did. Can't remember exactly when, but I thought it was in the 280ZX when they changed. Most probably after 82 because the 82 close ratio I have had the old style as well.

• Like 1

Patcon, did you end up replacing that rubber seal?  I believe it is called a striking rod oil seal.  I'm looking for a part number.  It looks like I will need to drop my tranny since either that seal or the o-ring is leaking.

Thanks for any input. 

Never mind, I think I found it.

For reference, the Seal P/N is 32858-U6702

the O Ring # is 32710-14600.

The local Nissan parts desk does not stock them but says they can order and have next day.  

Hope this helps anyone else in the same predicament. 

22 hours ago, tlorber said:

Never mind, I think I found it.

For reference, the Seal P/N is 32858-U6702

the O Ring # is 32710-14600.

The local Nissan parts desk does not stock them but says they can order and have next day.  

Hope this helps anyone else in the same predicament. 

The sizes for these two parts are:

The seal is a 14/20 x 4.2mm NBR Lip seal (ID/OD x thickness)

And the O-ring is 24x2.5mm (IDxCross section)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...