IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

3 minutes ago, Racer X said:

The Japanese characters for the prefecture isn't meant to be the correct taxation code.

Issuing municipality office and taxation codes are two different things.

4 minutes ago, Racer X said:

The characters  are the correct Japanese for Kanagawa prefecture, where the factory is that the car was manufactured at, not meant to signify any of the four official government issuing offices.

Pastiche.

5 minutes ago, Racer X said:

The color is indeed correct. From the ALPCA web archives regarding Japan registration plates: Passenger cars  >2000 c.c., 1962-74 green/white; 9 x 5; aluminum; embossed unpainted border.

Green background is for commercial vehicles, like dump trucks and box wagons. You cannot get a green plate for a private car.

7 minutes ago, Racer X said:

So yes, I took some liberties with the creation of this novelty plate, but I took care to represent the origin of my Z accurately, and create a plate that is representative of what it might have had if it had been registered in Japan back in the day.

It's nothing like what would have been on such a car 'back in the day'. Nothing.

Two examples: Yellow car is under 2-litre taxation code, and the plate issued by Tokyo's Shinagawa ward issuing office. The shot of Matsuo san with the 240ZG is an over 2-litre taxation code (because the car has an L24) and plate issued by Kanagawa's Yokohama ward issuing office:

12014.jpg

Matsuo and 240ZG-2.JPG

32 minutes ago, Racer X said:

Sweet.

Did you do the refinishing of the taillight panel? If so, what color did you use? I need to do mine, and there is no shortage of discussions about what is the right color.

Check out these Krylon Camouflage colors.  I had a can in my garage and used it on a bunch of different things.  Not too shiny and the color I had was not quite black, but not quite any other color either.  I think it was olive.  It was like black with a hint of dark green, and dark brown.

https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K04293007-Camouflage-Technology-11-Ounce/dp/B00176UX26

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Racer X said:

Sweet.

Did you do the refinishing of the taillight panel? If so, what color did you use? I need to do mine, and there is no shortage of discussions about what is the right color.

This is the best I've seen without spending a ton of $$$. I used his method and it looks great. The clear matte does the trick.

@CanTechZ thanks again and have a happy new year.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Check out these Krylon Camouflage colors.  I had a can in my garage and used it on a bunch of different things.  Not too shiny and the color I had was not quite black, but not quite any other color either.  I think it was olive.  It was like black with a hint of dark green, and dark brown.

https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K04293007-Camouflage-Technology-11-Ounce/dp/B00176UX26

Put a subway handle or some truck nuts and you'll be set.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Your finisher is olive? I thought that was some classic sarcasim.

classicsarcasim.com LOL

Happy new year Zed Head.

I'm dog sitting tonight. He's not liking the fireworks so we're in the bed watching television. I was invited to a drunken slut bowling party but passed for my Buddy. I'm hoping one or two will stop by later though so all isn't lost on the dog.

There's your ball drop.

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Your finisher is olive? I thought that was some classic sarcasim.

classicsarcasim.com LOL

Happy new year Zed Head.

I'm dog sitting tonight. He's not liking the fireworks so we're in the bed watching television. I was invited to a drunken slut bowling party but passed for my Buddy. I'm hoping one or two will stop by later though so all isn't lost on the dog.

There's your ball drop.

Sounds like you're having a great New Years Eve!

Many happy returns.

29 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I was invited to a drunken slut bowling party but passed for my Buddy. I'm hoping one or two will stop by later though so all isn't lost on the dog.

There's your ball drop.

LOL!!!   ROFL  I'm really going to miss comments like that from 2020.

Oh wait... Nevermind.  We'll have a whole year of them in 2021, so it's all good!

20 hours ago, Racer X said:

One thing I don't get. The bumper has two tabs in the center for mounting a license plate. So why mount it to the left side?

and..

16 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I assume these are Japanese plates? The one on the front then the rear, and it's not screwed on. 

The two tabs are for a german (or whatever) licenseplate. and the rear one is not screwed on because the place is needed for the real german plate..    The front Japanese plate is just for fun installed there, everybody knows (In Germany) this is a fake plate..   It is just an additional confirmation that it is about a Japanese car 

As long the 2 German plates are installed on the right spot, the german authorities will have no problem with it..  i think? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dutchzcarguy said:

The front Japanese plate is just for fun installed there, everybody knows (In Germany) this is a fake plate..   It is just an additional confirmation that it is about a Japanese car 

If anyone from Japan sees it, they'll be scratching their head in bewilderment. It is the wrong colour and has numbers that don't make any sense.

Hopefully the people who choose these plates don't get any 'Japanese' tattoos...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jan/31/ariana-grande-mocked-for-japanese-tattoo-typo-leave-me-and-my-grill-alone