IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

2 hours ago, Racer X said:

Awesome looking car.

But why does it have the flat top carbs? Those weren’t used on the 240, were they? Even if they were, why would anyone use them today?

The flat top carbs are stock equipment for the '73.  Agreed, why not change them out unless you were going for a factory correct restoration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texasz said:

The flat top carbs are stock equipment for the '73.  Agreed, why not change them out unless you were going for a factory correct restoration.

Maybe they work as they were supposed to.  No reason to change if they do.

1 minute ago, texasz said:

I agree, this '73 has a lot of customization...why spend good money on having Pierre's Z Shop rebuild a set of flat tops?  Find a good set of round tops with intake manifold and ship to ZTherapy. 

So, build your car for the masses, or build the car for yourself?  Let's get philosophical...

The seller just bought the car in 2018.  Wonder why they're selling already.  If it's an investment then the round top change probably makes sense.  It's a commercial item, you need to give the consumer what they want.

Edited by Zed Head

5 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

And this guy, lsteppe4re, is interesting.  He's pumping up the bid while bidding himself.  Has to be an investor/collector.  Got to keep those prices up.  Or he just has money to blow.

image.png

image.png

Why not both? And, yes, I know who he is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

Why not both? And, yes, I know who he is.

Both pumping and bidding, or investing and collecting?  

Seems in the vein of "I paid a lot therefore everyone must pay a lot".  Like the guys who jump on to the sales ads to make sure that nobody gets a good deal when somebody lists a car for a low price.

Just something distasteful about it.  But that's why I don't collect (invest) in old stuff.