IGNORED

My first Z part made on my lathe

@Captain Obvious should be a proud dad.

I used my lathe to make a Z part.  It is a longer and thicker push rod to connect my buddy's linkage along the firewall for his SK Racing/TWM carb set up.

It is stainless steel and 8" long from 3/16" stock. For reference the end-socket  threads are M4 0.7mm

Edited by 240260280

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

One end is threaded longer for a longer ball end. This rod comes with 2 ball ends... one hangs longer  🙂

Nice. So you turned the rod OD down to accept a die for making the thread? Or did you actually cut (they call it "single point") the threads on the lathe? I'm guessing you used a die. Single pointing threads is not something you typically do on your first piece ever.

I cheated with the die.... pretty easy job. I had to use the tail stock to align the thread cutter.... starting into SS is tough.

I was able to set the depth of cut and speed so that the SS peeled off in one long twisted chip.... fun to be had!

This is the first step towards making something exciting for triple carb owners 🙂

• Like 2