IGNORED

Just Another Damned Z Car Project Thread

conedodger

And just when it was safe to go out in the garage, acute Achilles tendinitis. I got a boot and a medrol dose pack! 

I did get something done though. Before my ankle started hurting, (after my arse stopped hurting) I drove down to the machine shop and talked to my friend about converting the Jeep CAS for L6 use. Just for good measure, I bought 3 of them...

stole Duffy’s picture!

3F1BD509-6E5B-4C5C-9AC0-A2D09925AEC2.jpeg

• Like 1

Hypothetically speaking, if @Yarb were to tell you that I couldn't figure out why my cruise control wouldn't work in my truck and it turned out that I hadn't turned on the cruise control? I would deny it. It never happened! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

• Haha 1

I forgot to post these when I took them. In my defense, Yarb has kept me busy helping him spend his retirement savings on a big arse turbo! 
(Seriously, don’t know what decisions he is making...)

This is the pivot for the throttle linkage coming off the firewall next to the brake booster. First, I sawzall’d the thing in half so I could get a drill with a spot weld bit on it. Then, I took a sharp tool to the pivot and removed its carcass from the firewall. Then, I took a DA to the firewall and primed and repainted the spot. It looks better than this now as I sanded out my runs and recoated it.

6D8C43D4-E75B-4DE9-BCBA-5BFA18A39E6B.jpeg

71BA1E7D-0AC9-45E8-ACFF-F457E8965112.jpeg

Yes, I removed bunches of spot welds with my 914 build. It takes a delicate touch to remove the weld without penetrating the metal behind it. 

I did do some actual work yesterday. One of my wife’s care home patients is a young woman with a bit of a developmental delay. My wife brought her home because she was bored and tends to cause trouble when she is bored. She came out and helped me do some garage cleanup. Then, I started bleeding from the nose and had to go to the ER. Fun times... 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, conedodger said:

Then, I started bleeding from the nose and had to go to the ER. Fun times... 

Man.You gotta stop it with this crap. New day, new issue.

I mean... I understand the phenomenon completely, but it just sounds so preventable when it's happening to someone else.     LOL

On 12/8/2020 at 4:10 PM, conedodger said:

Anyone have a problem with my research on LED lights for my 240Z? Anyone think I need load resistors? I don't know how many Instrument Panel Lights I have so I just ordered a dozen. I did this with my 914-6 and no longer had the idle drop when I turned the lights on. 

LED Exterior lights for 240Z

Front Side Marker Lights             1156 Amber X2
Front Turn Signal Lights             1157 Amber X2
Rear Reverse Lights                1156 White X2
Brake Lights                    1157 Red X2
License Plate Lights                67 White X1
Parking Lights                    1157 Amber X2
Rear Side Marker Lights            1156 Red X2
Rear Turn Signals                1156 Amber X2
Taillights                     1157 Red X2

LED Interior Lights for 240Z

Instrument Panel Lights            194 Blue or Red X12
Dome Light                    DE3175 White X1

I have edited this list to reflect the actual License Plate Light I used. It is a 67-W15. This bulb is 1/10th of an inch shorter than the 67W that SuperbrightLED's originally suggested and therefore fits in my housing. My housing may be aftermarket or from a later Z. It has two bulbs where the SuperbrightLED site says I need one. IIRC I had a bit of sun damage to my original housing so bought a new one when they were still available. So, check yours to see if you need one bulb or two. I am sure the 67-W15 will work in either housing. 

• Like 1