IGNORED

Clutch Max clutches!

moelk

Looks interesting.  They use the typical "Stage" 1,2,3 labels, whatever that means.  All the way up to Stage 6!  (Should have gone to 11).

They sell flywheels too, apparently.  But their web page only goes back to 1981, oddly.  And it doesn't work for finding a product.  Some Ford Mustang stuff, but no other brands.  I guess it's all eBay.

The numbers seem right at the bottom of the eBay page.  Surprising that it's so cheap.  Too good to be true?  Made in America and dirt cheap?

https://clutchmax.net/pages/about-us

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 7:41 AM, moelk said:

Will look into it, thanks.

I read all your post, you're no half arse I know. But! I must say this as I learned the hard way. Have your throwout bearing pressed on at a machine shop properly. I did my first one myself with the old bearing and a 2lb hammer, it has a slight spinning noise out of gear. The 2nd one I paid $10 and it makes absolutely NO noise out of gear. Just an FYI. Cliff

Edited by siteunseen

9 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I read all your post, you're no half arse I know. But! I must say this as I learned the hard way. Have your throwout bearing pressed on at a machine shop properly. I did my first one myself with the old bearing and a 2lb hammer, it has a slight spinning noise out of gear. The 2nd one I paid $10 and it makes absolutely NO noise out of gear. Just an FYI. Cliff

Thanks for the input, always appreciate advices. 
Will probably not change the clutch myself so will forward this to the person that will do this. 

• Like 1

If you can find a kit that comes with the throwout sleeve it might help avoid headaches afterward.  Looks like some of the kits do, some don't.

The high-performance kits seem to comes with all of the parts and there's some fancy looking discs.  And don't forget the 225 vs 240 mm.  If you have 220 HP then who knows what flywheel and clutch that you're using. You probably do.  I assume your question was really just about this new brand name on the scene, Clutch Max. 

You might even want to get a new flywheel, you can still get the 240 mm flywheels.  225 is hard to find.

Here's 1976's offerings, just for viewing pleasure.  I bought a Perfection Zoom clutch from OReilly auto and didn't like it.  It chattered when it got hot.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1976,280z,2.8l+l6,1209226,transmission-manual,clutch+kit,1993

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1976,280z,2.8l+l6,1209226,transmission-manual,flywheel,5348

• Like 1