IGNORED

1971 Series I 240Z One Owner 58k Original Miles on CL

lonetreesteve

That is a couple of hours away from me.  We don't see many 240Z's for sale around here.

For all you bodywork guys, how bad does that rust look to you?  Are the quarter repair panels even available anymore?  How about the rocker and dogleg panels?  I actually have a rocker replacement panel on the shelf.

I don't do bodywork myself, so I would have to hire that out and a paint job.  But hey, for the price of a dresser, it might be worth it!

41 minutes ago, Marty Rogan said:

That is a couple of hours away from me.  We don't see many 240Z's for sale around here.

For all you bodywork guys, how bad does that rust look to you?  Are the quarter repair panels even available anymore?  How about the rocker and dogleg panels?  I actually have a rocker replacement panel on the shelf.

I don't do bodywork myself, so I would have to hire that out and a paint job.  But hey, for the price of a dresser, it might be worth it!

Marty,

The seller told me that the rocker panels, doglegs and quarter panels all have rust, but the frame rails and floors are solid. The interior looks great on this car and it appears to have a crack-free dash (I forgot to ask him about the dash). Looks like the original Hitachi AM radio was replaced with a '72 - '73 Hitachi AM/FM radio. License plates are from 1978 and it hasn't been on the road since then. He also texted me a recent video of the engine running, but I had trouble trying to post it here. He was joking about the dresser. He's looking for at least $8k for the car. When you consider the 58k original miles and a very clean interior, solid floors and frame rails that's not a bad price for a Series I car. 

I would say 8k is an excellent price for the car.

Full quarters are no longer available.

After market partial quarters, floors, inner wheel wells, dog legs and inner and outer rockers are currently available.

The car could be very valuable if properly handled and repaired

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

Marty,

The seller told me that the rocker panels, doglegs and quarter panels all have rust, but the frame rails and floors are solid. The interior looks great on this car and it appears to have a crack-free dash (I forgot to ask him about the dash). Looks like the original Hitachi AM radio was replaced with a '72 - '73 Hitachi AM/FM radio. License plates are from 1978 and it hasn't been on the road since then. He also texted me a recent video of the engine running, but I had trouble trying to post it here. He was joking about the dresser. He's looking for at least $8k for the car. When you consider the 58k original miles and a very clean interior, solid floors and frame rails that's not a bad price for a Series I car. 

I know pricing on these cars has changed a lot of over the last 2-3 years or so, but $8K sounds like a lot for a car with that much rust.  If it was driven for 8 years before being taken off the road, that could be 158K on it.  He mentioned that he picked it up a year ago, so it is really a 2 owner car.

I did a rusty Z once.  I am not sure I want to do it again, unless I got an unbelievable deal on it.

2 hours ago, Marty Rogan said:

I know pricing on these cars has changed a lot of over the last 2-3 years or so, but $8K sounds like a lot for a car with that much rust.  If it was driven for 8 years before being taken off the road, that could be 158K on it.  He mentioned that he picked it up a year ago, so it is really a 2 owner car.

I did a rusty Z once.  I am not sure I want to do it again, unless I got an unbelievable deal on it.

That is possible. I would think they should have some supporting documentation or possibly pedal condition?

4 hours ago, Marty Rogan said:

Looking at the fine condition of the interior, there's no way the car has 158K miles on it. 

IMG_5030.thumb.jpg.ba3f28e62dc205eaf4787258200af120.jpg

• Like 1