IGNORED

Nissan 400z Rumors

Mike

2 hours ago, Jeff G 78 said:

One thing that the teaser lacks if they were going for the retro look is the S30's hood shape.  It looks pretty well flat like the 350Z hood.  It needs the classic Z's center bulge to add some character and interest to an otherwise boring panel.  They got the side profile right, but missed one of the key styling points of the original.

Screenshot 2020-05-29 00.03.58.png

I was mentioning the lack of a hood bulge to my wife, too. It would probably be nice to have the bulge to accommodate a large plenum when people start modify, too.

1 hour ago, SteveJ said:

I was mentioning the lack of a hood bulge to my wife, too. It would probably be nice to have the bulge to accommodate a large plenum when people start modify, too.

Now you're just talkin' dirty ?

• Haha 1

Other features I'm hoping for - useful susp adjustments (camber/caster), LSD, hydraulic steering, traction control off switch, rev match bypass - leave these for driver options, less electronic intrusions. 

Hi, new member here.  I saw this prototype (via photographs) at SEMA last year.  Nissan invited various people who will play a role in the marketing of this vehicle down the road (licensing, etc.) and allowed us to view the images after signing proper non disclosure forms.  It will incorporate much of what you all are talking about and really bring back the freshness the marque needs.  At that time, the Nissan folks said a new version would be unveiled in September 2020, but with COVID-19 interferring with every aspect of our lives, that date may be pushed back.  This video teaser, however, may signal that Nissan is ready to go with the unveiling sooner rather than later, which would be good.  The entire brand needs to generate some positive noise right now.

Edited by Z50for2020

13 hours ago, lapriser said:

Tried my hand at sketching over a screenshot of the teaser video. Looking forward to the full reveal!

Untitled_Artwork.jpg

Nice work!  Your sketch looks like it has the hump in the middle of the hood...  I like it!

• Like 1