IGNORED

What is this part

AZDatsun

Bob's 1975 "museum car" has one and I thought it was added for an aftermarket alarm. Thinking about it, there is no other evidence of an alarm system. Looks just like the picture above and it's in the same spot. Guess I ought to check and see if it lights the dome lamp.

• 3 years later...

I have one of those switches on the hatch jamb of my 73. The hole is in the lower right corner. I find a part number of 36011-89901 for a "Tail Gate Switch" in CarPartsManual.com..but I don't believe it to be the same. I can confirm that my car DID have an alarm system installed by Chapman Alarms, as the original owner (a friend of mine's wife) worked for them and they installed the system for half-price. Seems like it would have been a nice feature to have the dome light come on when the hatch was opened if it were an original switch for that purpose. As the parts diagram shows a switch for the "tail gate", I am going to check the wiring harness to see if provisions were made for such an animal (wiring was provided for an electric fuel pump, so it is possible) and what it would take to reinstall the switch I have. I'm way late for this thread, but was curious about the switch I found in my box of tricks...Ryals

20230519_070012_HDR.jpg

20230519_070628.jpg

20230519_070718.jpg

20230519_070730.jpg