IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

No, I just meant the numbers.  80,000 people dead.  More than WWI combat deaths.  I've given up on the mask worries, people do what they do.  Just like drinking and driving.

And now kids are are dying from it also, through a different route.  That might actually be what changes things.  Parents.  Not "old people" dying.  Even if you assume a low percentage of the 80,000 old people, it's a lot of kids.  And a lot of worry.

1% x 80,000 = 800 kids dead.

https://discoveries.childrenshospital.org/covid-19-inflammatory-syndrome-children/

Contrary to the comments from DC, our testing capacity is still extremely inadequate to assess the actual reach of the CO-19 virus.  Over the next 30-60 days my educated guess is that we should gain the capacity to test whoever needs it. What will tests cost? I don't know, but do not assume they will be free unless you're being tested at your workplace.

Disclaimer - the following could be and probably is affected by the increase in testing.  Still, it's what governments use to make decisions.  Hospitalizations are probably more telling.

This site is still worth watching for those who want to project forward to where their region is probably going.  The media focuses on the latest drama, but you can see that there are places with a constant increase in infections.  And places that are fairly leveled out. 

I'm in a level place so things haven't shut down too badly even though there are "stay at home" directives.  Our governor gives the typical conflicting guidance, opening state parks on the same day that he extends "stay at home".  Doesn't address the inconsistency.  The only rational explanation is that he wants people from other states to come in and enjoy the state parks while the residents stay home.  Anyway,  just some nonsense.

Check your state.

https://covid-19.mdmetrix.com/grid.html?list=new_case_curve

Edited by Zed Head

I have to jump back in the fire tomorrow at 6 am and I'm worried too. It's causing me to drink! Who'd thought?

The owner said the dumbest thing I've heard from him in the 26 years we've been friends.

"I'm not wearing no damn mask! Why should I if everybody else is"

He wasn't kidding either. 

9 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I have to jump back in the fire tomorrow at 6 am and I'm worried too. It's causing me to drink! Who'd thought?

The owner said the dumbest thing I've heard from him in the 26 years we've been friends.

"I'm not wearing no damn mask! Why should I if everybody else is"

He wasn't kidding either. 

Better watch what he touches and don't shake his hand.  He's a super-spreader.  Good luck.  It sounds like a nasty disease to get even if you survive it.  Worse than the flu.

• Sad 1

This really is incredibly sad.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/17/politics/child-abuse-pandemic/index.html

Again,  sometimes the cure is worse than the poison.  For Massachusetts, statistics tell you that there are well over 1000 cases or unreported child abuse PER WEEK in Massachusetts alone due to the lock down.  I guess the governors are OK with that.  

1 hour ago, motorman7 said:

I guess the governors are OK with that.  

The stay-at-home guidance is CDC guidance.  The governors are following the science.  Not the gut feel of various people with other motives.