IGNORED

Heater core replacement?

turbo280z

Unless the heater core is plugged up completely then there is prob something else that would account for no heat. Now if the heater core is leaking they it def needs to be addressed. there are options other can suggest that can be made to fit that are not Nissan, and are commonly available. OR you can pull the core and take it to a rad shop that should be able to repair it. IF the core is not plugged or leaking I would think you should start by confirming the rest of the system starting with proper hook up of hoses, then function of the various valves and the hook up of the various doors inside the plenum that direct the air flow thru the system. The FSM is good at explaining all the vacuum servos/doors/control levers etc...

Edited by Dave WM

10 hours ago, turbo280z said:

Hello y’all i need to replace my heater core as my car blows air but does not blow hot or warm. Any suggestions on the best way to go though the process? Open to all and any suggestions. Thanks for you time.

How are you testing for heat? Turning fan on and moving temperature selector to hot?

Note: the heated air is not designed to come out of the vents.

In order to get heat, the mode lever of the control unit needs to be in "Bi-Level",  "Heat" or "Defrost"