IGNORED

Inheriting a Z and introducing myself

landon

2 hours ago, landon said:

The big decision I have to make is a) flying from WA to MD and driving it back cross country (more fun); or b) having it shipped (more convenient but prior bad history). Either one bears significant risk - it's not like I can say, "hey, could you have it looked over before you go?"

In my opinion, you should fly to MD and either a) drive it home yourself if it seems like the 280Z be roadworthy enough, or b) when you get to MD, rent a Uhaul truck and car trailer and tow it home yourself.  In either case, take a route home through the southern states to reduce your exposure to winter weather as you head towards home.

I'm sorry to hear your good friend isn’t well, and I hope he recovers.  But it’s great that at some point, you’ll be the next person to care for that 280Z.  Welcome to club!

• Like 1

Welcome and congratulations!

First off - sorry about your friend. Loved the back story here, and your long association with him and his car.

If you should decide to have it shipped, you night want to check out Reliable Carriers. I have used them in the past with great luck. Their drivers are top notch, everything about the car is documented before it ever gets loaded on the truck, and then checked again when it is unloaded to verify no change in condition. Their checklist is quite thorough. I know other folks who have had great experiences with them as well. If one of their drivers delivered a car with an extra 480 miles on it they would not be employed there for long.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/3/2021 at 7:28 PM, landon said:

Thanks all for your responses! His health has improved and it'll be a while yet - and I couldn't be happier!

Where at in Washington are you?

When the time does come, I may be able to hook you up with a very good mechanic.