IGNORED

Is This OEM?

JimT

I'm restoring a 1976 280Z, currently working on stripping, priming and painting the radiator support and surrounding areas. 

Looking at the metal patch in the picture, which is above the passenger side rail and directly behind the radiator support, I'm curious to know if this was done at the factory.  Looks like it is mostly professionally spot welded.  But the crappy spot welds at the top edge makes me wonder if someone added it a some point, or maybe it is OEM and someone just did a bad fix.  There is another one like it on the driver's side.  

Wondering if someone can take a quick look at their Z and let me know if you have something like it.  If so, I'll probably just fix the bad welds and move on. 

I appreciate the help.  

Jim

InnerFender Passenger Side.JPG

You think those are crappy, wait until you see the factory welds that join the transmission tunnel to the fire wall behind the heater core.  Mind you that is a horrible place to have crawl into with a helmet on and try to see what you're doing but yeah the first time I saw them I was sure someone had got in there and did a hack job.

• Like 1