IGNORED

280z 78 Wont idle, Running Rich, out of ideas.

Cyrillink

On 2/2/2020 at 5:55 AM, siteunseen said:

That's great!  Running at 1,000 is a good spot. Now you can troubleshoot easier.

Change the oil if you haven't already and run some clean water through the coolant system.  If you loosen the radiator drain and put slow running water hose up top it'll flush out eventually.

Update:

Following EFI manual, having a hard time syncing everything up to run well. Still running very very rich. 

Just now, Cyrillink said:

As far as color Whitish plastic, greenish sleeve 

@Zed Head and @Dave WM

So i narrowed it down to not getting enough air into the system. My AFM  Idle screw wide open and my IDLE screw is wide open. 

Should i use the little screw on the side of the Throttle body? I cant find any information on it and what it should be at also the butterfly is completely sealed when i am not hitting gas. Just curious, really want to finish her up.  

Just now, siteunseen said:

Have you checked the air filter box and the the snorkel to it for varmints nest, food storage?

HAHAHA, its taken off while i am working on the car. Before AFM i just have a basic filter. nothing else. Food storage Brilliant still laughing. 

1 hour ago, Cyrillink said:

@Zed Head and @Dave WM

So i narrowed it down to not getting enough air into the system. My AFM  Idle screw wide open and my IDLE screw is wide open. 

Should i use the little screw on the side of the Throttle body? I cant find any information on it and what it should be at also the butterfly is completely sealed when i am not hitting gas. Just curious, really want to finish her up.  

I went back a few posts and see the part about how the car ran well when there was a gap between the AFM and the throttle body.  If I read it right.  The fact that the idle adjustment screw doesn't raise idle speed implies that your AFM vane is stuck.  Take the black cover off and see if the counterweight moves when you use the throttle.  It should.

And you should set the AFM idle screw back to where you started with it.  It's not an idle speed screw, it's an air-fuel ratio adjustment screw.