IGNORED

3 10" subwoofers.... any design ideas??

PrOxLaMuS©

wow what I way to resurrect the dead post ... LOL..

I should posted this picture when I posted this thread, but here is how I have it now... for some reason I just dont want to go through the effort to build a nice box, when it's just for looks.. my box sounds awsome...

330795_32_full.jpg

and don't worry I can still see out of the window :)

330795_34_full.jpg

Now I swiched sides.. so the subs are facing outside the back window for better sound clarity and I can feel more boom boom that I can hear. I put an orange blanket across the subs to prevent theft or detection of subs.

Btw.. I hit 138.2 decibals with my setup :)

Nice work!! must absolutely hammer!!

Here's my lil setup.. nothing huge.. but i'm quite proud of it!

the box is wood with custom fibreglass bits on the ends which raise the speakers up.. under the middle panel (it lifts up) are two coustic amps and all the wiring goes through the storage box and out a hole behind the seat. so its all hidden.

There's a strut brace in now which holds that bass tube in place with a couple thick camping straps.. it sounds quite nice for a 3 speaker setup but i'm looking at the possiblity of some custom door pods for that bit more 'surround' effect!

3389DCP03936-med.JPG

If you know anyone thats good with making molds for fiberglass, this is something you could do.

Get two molds, one of each side of the rear panels. Then build those panels out some away from the rear quarters, angle them at about 30 degrees toward the front of the car.

Cut your hole out, brown bread or however you want to do it for sound proofing. Put the third inside the spare tire well.

You end up with a very clean looking install and plenty of room.

i am really good with fiberglass.....

just usually to lazy to do it.. plus it's too cold in my garage here in Colorado now...

but ZmeFly.... I am confused about what you mean about the rear panels... draw a picture in MS Paint! LOL

aRCH-Z I LOVE your setup, I have looked at your Profile soo many times, I want a better look! Is there any more pictures that you have of your setup from a different angle? I wanna see!

:love:

Ah damnit! I just looked at your personal gallery again!

I am soo jealous of you :( You have my ideal dream car :love:

RB engine.... sweet interior...

Unbelievable interior... I love the steering wheel and the shift knob. Truthfully after I first saw a picture of your interior I searched and searched for that exact steering wheel, it looks so damn good.

I love your car.. I love it :(....

It's so sexy.. :(

I am going to cry now in pure envy

haha cheers man, she's not THAT good, but she's on her way ;)

What angles would you like to see it from? I might take some new ones photos!

I actually designed the setup in photoshop and gave that to the audio install guy as I'm not that good with fibreglass myself!

I also just scored two 12" soundstream subs.. so erm.. sorta deciding if i should put them in the Z or not..

hehehe, might just check them in there for a bit.. my old Z actually had a single 15" JBL subby :cross-eye